Animal Farm by George Orwell  » Books  »
  • I like the fact that George Orwell chose animals to represent the whole story behind the Russian Revolution, as it makes the story extremely creative and therefore engaging
  • I find that I learned a great deal more about the Russian Revolution by reading Animal Farm instead of a history textbook
  • Overall, I recommend Animal Farm to anyone who wants to study about The Russian Revolution in a simple and entertaining way

• by Talia Krechuk
      I have just finished teaching Animal Farm to my Grade 9 Special Education students, and I am pleased that they truly enjpyed the story. Pretty much, Animal Farm is deceptively simple, as it is a story about a group of

animal who take over the farm from their owner, and begin running it on their own.

Howver, it is really a story about the Russian Revolution, where the pigs represent the leaders behind the Russian Revolution,and most other animals represent the poor Russian farmers who suffered in the hands of their fierce leaders.

I like the fact that George Orwell chose animals to represent the whole story behind the Russian Revolution, as it makes the story extremely creative and therefore ...

• Animal Farm by George Orwell
      engaging.

I find that I learned a great deal more about the Russian Revolution by reading Animal Farm instead of a history textbook.

Not only did I learn the facts of the Russian Revolution, but also gained a true understanding of

the idealogy behind it.

As to George Orwell’s writing style, it is sophisticated yet can be understood easily by individuals who have not yet built an extensive vocabulary.

Overall, I recommend Animal Farm to anyone who wants to study about The Russian Revolution in a simple and entertaining way.

Animal Farm by George Orwell

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17606170581030/k2311a066/6.6.07