Zyliss Cheese Slicer  » Housewares  »
  • The only problem is the width of this slicer is only 2 1/4 wide, so I often have to cut my cheese into narrower chunks in order to use it

• by SmartShopper
      I own several >Zyliss kitchen tools and love them, and this cheese slicer is no exception. My husband likes to snack on cheese, and was always after me to buy a cheese slicer. When this was on sale I wanted to give it a try and see if it worked as well as it looked.

Our past cheese slicers had a stainless steel wire that cut the

cheese, and they always broke over time. This Zyliss looks pretty sturdy, made of hard plastic and measuring 9 inches long.

It is basically a long handle with a slicing mechanism at the other end. It has a dial in the center that allows you to determine the thickness of your slices.

The dial goes from “closed”, (or zero) to number 5. Number 1 ...

• is very thin, and the thickest (#5) is 1/8″ thick.

>The blade is very sharp, so I always keep it closed when it is not in use. The only problem is the width of this slicer is only 2 1/4″ wide, so I often have to cut my cheese into narrower chunks in order to use it.

>This works great! It is very sharp and slices through

different types of cheese very easily. I’ve used it on mozzarella, cheddar, jack, and muenster.

It’s really nice that I can dial the thickness I want by simply turning a little lever. It can be washed in the dishwasher and comes out very nice each time.

It seems so sturdy that I can imagine this tool lasting for many more years. We really like this cheese slicer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53606170551030/k2311a066/6.6.07