Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith movie  » Movies  »
  • I must admit I didn't quite agree with all of those who said
  • I found both The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones to be very intruiging stories that looked beatuful
  • Not in the same class as the first movies (that goes without saying) but still, an interesting addition to this stunning saga George Lucas made up in his mind

• by limonar
      I’m certainly one of those morons who grew up wathing the first Star Wars movies on vhs and adored them. Recently I watched the latest (and last) movie on dvd (yes, I saw it in the theatre too) and I feel ready to state my opinion on it now. We all know about the greatness of the first films with Harrison Ford and all that.

We all know about the comeback of creator George Lucas a few years

ago and the disappointment many people felt after that. What was supposed to be something that could compare to the original cult rated movies, it instead became ridiculous and corny looking.

I must admit I didn’t quite agree with all of those who said. I found both The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones to be very intruiging stories that looked beatuful.

Not in the same class as the first movies (that goes without saying) but still, an interesting addition to this stunning saga George Lucas made up in his mind. The final episode to come out this year, recieved both critical acclaim and was well supported by audiences of all ages.

It ties all stories together in a very effective and intelligent way. I’ll skip the details here, because that would require a book, but the main thing about Revenge of the Sith is that it works on another level than the preceeding two ...

• Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith movie
      films.

Although I liked those also, Revenge of the Sith has a lot more of the quality to be found in the original films, and I must honestly say that it was way above my expectations. The visuals don’t really need to be mentioned.

Tragically for George Lucas, The Lord of the Rings set new standards for CGI filmmaking, and makes most other things fade nowadays, but Revenge of the Sith is still decent in its visuals, feels

realistic (well, you know what I mean) enough, and it would be foolish to ask for more. The brilliant Ian McDiarmid as the evil Sith Lord, Darth Sidious, is perhaps the greatest behold of the everything though.

That is an actor that makes my spine turn into spaghetti. My favorite Star Wars movie remains the second one, episode five, The Empire Strikes Back, but Revenge of the Sith is well worth a comparison to that one and surely ranks among that class.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11201116870230/k2311a1120/11.20.05