Land of the Dead movie
2.0
  • Dawn of the Dead adds some humour and criticism of society to it, and Day of the Dead is awfully scary, but also awfully boring after the first half hour and all to gory
  • Meanwhile we have conflicts amongst the living, which could prove to be the biggest problem and final destruction of the human race
  • I think there are a lot of interesting points in this story
  • I didn't though, and I think Romero lost his touch a long time ago

• by limonar
      This is the fourth film in George A Romero’s zombie film series (supposed to be a trilogy, but. ). It follows the films Night of the living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (1978) and Day of the Dead (1985).

My own personal favorite is the first film, mostly because of the creepy mood and tension of it. It was also a low budget film which is an impressing thing when you see it.

Dawn of the Dead adds some humour and criticism of society to

it, and Day of the Dead is awfully scary, but also awfully boring after the first half hour and all to gory. Not familiar with these films? Well, the basic idea is that the dead people of the earth wakes up and turn into not-so-intelligent zombies that walk around very slowly in a quest for human living flesh.

With Land of the Dead, all the living people have barricaded themselves in a giant city, keeping all dead people outside. The trouble is that the dead ...

• people are getting smarter and will finally break into this place and take it all over.

Meanwhile we have conflicts amongst the living, which could prove to be the biggest problem and final destruction of the human race. I think there are a lot of interesting points in this story.

Romero wants to tell us how greed (yeah the rich people cause the conflicts) will eventually lead to death and evil (the zombies). Well, that’s my interpretation anyhow.

But besides from that aspect this movie

has nothing to it we haven’t already seen before. It looks more like a standard action movie than horror to me (although a bit more artistic perhaps) and that destroys the interesting points that are actually there in my opinion.

I’m not the biggest fan of the earlier movies, so I guess the serious freaks will love this. I didn’t though, and I think Romero lost his touch a long time ago.

However, it’s not an awful movie. Entertaining for a saturday evening maybe, but that’s all.

Land of the Dead movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11201116860130/k2311a1120/11.20.05