Crocodile Park  » Leisure  »
Philippines
  • I couldn't believe how healthy the animals are here, and I don't even take pity in them because you know they are cared for

• by Honey
      Crocodile Park is home to Pangil, the Philippines’ largest crocodile. As a child, we used to visit the place often and always had fun. My parents were friends with the owner, Sonny Dizon, and sometimes my cousins and I would get in free.

They moved to a new place a few years back and all I can say is Wow! The new place is better and was designed to house more animals. And I have to say that Crocodile Park can compete with all the zoos in the world, except

in size ofcourse.

The grounds are fairly well kept, very clean amidst the number of people coming in everyday. For 50 pesos per adult and 25 pesos per child, it’s really cheap.

My nieces and nephews had a blast watching all the animals, especially when it was time to feed the monkeys. Crocodile Park not only houses crocodiles, but it is their main attraction.

There are also monkeys, lizards, ostriches and other animals, local and foreign to Davao. My mother once said that most of the crocs in the park ...

• were captured from the Davao River or were brought in by the locals.

This place is more than just a park; it’s a sanctuary for crocodiles and other animals. I couldn’t believe how healthy the animals are here, and I don’t even take pity in them because you know they are cared for.

In a zoo in Manila, the animals are so weak and the place was so dirty, you couldn’t help but want to free them. There are a lot of shows and events for the visitors.

I got

to feed the monkeys, watch a man walk a wire above a pool of hungry crocodiles, and even got to watch while they fed the hungry crocs. This is indeed a place where you can take your kids and have them learn about animal preservation.

I’m glad that I took my nieces and nephews to the Park, because not only did they enjoy the trip, they also learned a lot about animals. One nephew even said that when he grows up he’ll work for Uncle Sonny to take care of the crocs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 61106168371230/k2311a061/6.1.07