Puentespina Orchid Garden  » Leisure  »
Philippines
  • My grandmother is an orchid fanatic, so when I brought home hundreds of pictures of the different orchids in the garden, she was very excited and wanted to go visit the place herself

• by Honey
      Ask any local resident of Davao and they will tell you to visit the Puentespina Orchid Garden before you leave Davao. It is probably the most famous and most beautiful garden you will ever visit in the Philippines.

This garden showcases a huge variety of orchid, which includes the rare Waling-Waling.

of the different orchids in the garden, she was very excited and wanted to go visit the place herself.

She said that Davao is well-known not only for its Durian fruit, but also the exotic orchids which can be found in the forests of Davao.

The Puentespina Garden is actually a collection; not only those found in Davao but also from other places; of orchids ...

• which they export to other countries.

The colors are unbelievable, and the prices as well.

I could not buy orchids from their gardens as they did not permit it.

But the Puentespina has a garden store in Manila where I can buy seedlings which originated from the garden in Davao.

The care takers of the garden were very well versed and were able to name

every orchid in the garden.

They were friendly, and took the time to teach me and my friends about the rare orchids which can be found in their gardens.

It took us about 4 hours to go around the garden, take pictures and bask in the fragrance of the blooming flowers.

I could have sat on the benches all day long, taking pictures of the orchids.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 61106168171230/k2311a061/6.1.07