Cascade 2 in 1 Action Pacs  » Housewares  »
  • I have always felt that Cascade powder worked the best for me, and have used it for a few years now
  • I also like the fact that I know exactly how many loads I have left so I can stock up on more

• by Smart Shopper
      We have very hard water in our household, and even though I have a good quality dishwasher, I still struggle with getting my glasses and silverware sparkly clean. I have always felt that Cascade powder worked the best for me, and have used it for a few years now. Cascade has outdone themselves, designing a new product that takes the mess out of filling the soap cups in my dishwasher. These “2 in 1 Pacs” are small little pillows that contain both the cleaning power of Cascade powder and the grease cutting power of Dawn liquid dishsoap.

They also have something called “Shine Shield”, which helps stop the etching or cloudiness on glassware. If you

touch the pacs with wet hands, the plastic will start to disintegrate - the plastic casing dissolves completely in the dishwasher leaving nothing behind but clean dishes. Phosphates are key to getting dishes clean, but they are also bad for the environment.

Cascade 2 in 1 Action Pacs only contain 8. 0% phosphorus, which is a low enough emount to get the job done and still not be a hazard to my septic system. One concentrated pouch cleans one load of dishes.

The last package I purchased contained 50 packets for $9. 99. I normally hate the smell of dishwashing detergents, but these don’t bother me at all.

I prefer the “Citrus Breeze” scent. I have been ...

• extremely pleased with the performance of this product. My flatware comes out of my dishwasher looking shiny and new, and I have been using the same clear drinking glasses for a year now, and they have none of the etching that so often occurs, especially with hard water.

The package claims that there is “no need to prewash” dishes, and this is pretty true. I clean off the food and lightly spray my dishes, but I certainly don’t clean them before I clean them! They come out squeaky clean, with no water spots or soap streaks. I feel that these are a bit expensive, but considering the quality job they do and how much work they

save me, they are well worth it.

I also like the fact that I know exactly how many loads I have left so I can stock up on more. I have minimal storage for cleaning supplies, and don’t really have the luxury of keeping two containers of dishsoap stored at the same time. When my bag of Cascade gets down to a few pacs, I buy a new one and add the remaining few pacs into the new bag.

It closes with a ziplock top and this works great for me. I can’t imagine ever using any other product than the Cascade 2 in 1 Action Pacs, they are truly a wonderful, powerful dishsoap.

Ben says :

Does Cascade still make Action Pacs that contain 8 Phosphate content? My dishwasher works best with those tabs and it has been hard for me to find them in stores.

Galega says :

As per new regulations, Phosphate was removed from detergents by all manufacturer. Cascade also did the same. You may not find Phosphate containing dishwasher soap of Cascade.

Phosphate works wonderfully in removing all stains from dishes within seconds. However, it can be dangerous for users and hence this ban.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532505167490331/k2311a0525/5.25.07