Neck Cushion  » Health  »
  • I can't tell you how many cushions we purchased and returned to the store because they were so uncomfortable

• by Smart Shopper
      My husband has a bad back, and he needs support when he is driving our car. Our Honda has a great lumbar support on the driver’s seat, but our Buick does not. We have been searching for months to find the perfect back support for him. I can’t tell you how many cushions we purchased and returned to the store because they were so uncomfortable.

Many that we tried were specifically for cars, but were way too large. A few weeks ago my husband came home and said, “I saw this neck cushion at the store the other day, and I want to go back and look at them again”. So off we went to check them out.

Boy was I impressed! This is called a “neck cushion”, made by a new company called “Arete”. It is made of a high

quality visco-elastic memory foam, with a super soft black velvety cover. The cover does unzip for easy washing, and there is a strap across the back to hook it to the top of a chair or seat of your car.

It claims to be good for the car, office or recreation use. The wonderful part of this product is the quality of the Memory Foam! It meets all the “flammability requirements” of the California Bureau of Home Furnishings. To describe this neck cushion, in one word, would be HEAVENLY.

It is wonderful! The wedge shape works extremely well for use behind the neck, but it also makes a great back support, and this is how we use it them most. It’s the perfect size, and when you put pressure on it, the memory foam MOLDS to your back, (or neck) giving superb support!

• I liked my husbands so much that we returned to the store to buy a second one! They were on sale for $22, well worth every penny!

I have used this not only in my car, but also when sitting on the couch watching TV or using my laptop. I would love to take it on an airplane with me, but measuring in at 12″ x 6″, it is just a little too large to pack.

Last week my husband and I played our first round of golf of the season, and on the way home my neck was a bit stiff. My husband suggested I take the foam wedge from behind my back and use it behind my neck (it is, after all, a neck cushion). This worked great, it really made a big difference in my comfort level!! Because the foam

is so dense, it does mold to your body, but springs back completely after use.

Arete is a new company, and the Memory Foam Neck Cushion is one of their first products. Although their warranty information is obscured by the anti-theft device on my box, they do have a warranty on their products. Their website is still under construction, but if you want to visit you can do so by going to: http://www.

aretecp. com/. Their phone number (not toll free) is listed as well.

This was purchased at Fred Meyer stores. I can’t say enough about this neck cushion, it is indeed heavenly. It gives complete support without being too bulky, and the cover is so soft! The relief we get when using this in our car is better than the built in lumbar supports! We absolutely love it!! This gets the highest rating possible.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342505167210231/k2311a0525/5.25.07