Enfalac milk formula  » Baby care  »
  • When I gave birth to my 1st child, I was quite confused to choose which milk formula is suitable for my newborn
  • Though I know that breast milk is the best,as a working mom , I need to choose one milk formula that is closest to breast milk because my baby will be bottlefed in nursery
  • I decided to bottlefed my baby with Enfalac milk formula which is vegetable oil based and fortified with DHA ,ARA,SA and Choline

• by zeemar

When I gave birth to my 1st child, I was quite confused to choose which milk formula is suitable for my newborn. Though I know that breast milk is the best,as a working mom , I

need to choose one milk formula that is closest to breast milk because my baby will be bottlefed in nursery.

I decided to bottlefed my baby with Enfalac milk formula which is vegetable oil based and ...

• fortified with DHA ,ARA,SA and Choline.

My baby tolerated this infant formula very well.

Bowel movement is frequent 2 times daily soft stool.

No belching and very minimal purging.

Sleeps well.

Whenever he has vomiting, his vomitus is not smelly,

not like other type of infant formula that has very bad ,sour,curdy vomitus.

Until now I still use the same infant formula for my other chidren .

I also introduce Enfalac infant formula to many of my friends too.

Veera says :

Hi Gelaga, may I knw this Enfalac milk suitable for vagitarian? I have twin babies and definitely no enought breastfed to my both baby’s. So, currently I using Enfalac A . Can I knw more abt infalac A ?

Galega says :

A baby below one year of age is supposed to be vegetarian. This milk formula is suitable for a baby above six months of age.

Ijah says :

Hai.. My baby is currently almost 2 months.. Since at 1 months, my baby been hving very bad colic pain..currently he is taking express breastmilk with s26. I have tried frisolac comfort but my baby didnt seems to like to taste. Now i am thinking to change to enfalac gentleease as i heard that it is good for clolic. Otherwise, he is pooping daily but a bit soft. Bery very gassy as he farted a lot. Any suggestions?

Galega says :

First of all, you should avoid giving milk formula to your baby till she turns 6 months old. This is a standard suggestion given by pediatrician around the world. If breast milk is not available for some reason, then you can give milk formula only after consulting a pediatrician. She is only 2 months old and you have changed milk formula two times and thinking about doing it again. I would strongly suggest you to not do so. Colic problem is quite common among baby and a doctor can easily handle it. In fact, breast milk has the potential to keep your baby away from colic problem apart from improving her immunity.

Rizwan says :

Give your child probiotic drops.
    We suffered with the same colic issue but this medicine helped us alot.

lhey rivera says :

my baby has G6PD deficiency,is enfalac infant formula is safe for her?

John says :

It’s not considered safe unless it has been recommended by a professional. Enfalac actually contains soy which can have an affect on babies with G6PD deficiencies. Soy doesn’t affect all babies with G6PD deficiences so you should ask your pediatrician first.

Galega says :

There is a product of Enfalac which is considered suitable for baby suffering from G6PD. I have mentioned the problem above in recommending that. You haven’t mentioned the age.

Similarly, I have written above that breastfeeding is the best way to feed your baby. However, you will be required to avoid lots of stuffs that are not considered OK for a baby suffering from G6PD because they will pass through your milk. Your doctor will give you suggestions regarding eating habits and more.

Christine joy Oro says :

Hi, my baby is two months and 10days exactly now, he was using s26 before we changed it to enfamil last week due to constipation and parang hindi nya gusto ung s26. Now, after several days taking enfamil, his bowel movement increases to 4-5x a day, is it still ok? Im planning to combine s26 and enfamil, is it possible? Thanks po.

Galega says :

Bowel movement for 4 - 5 times a day for around 3 months old baby is not an issue. You should watch the nature of stool. Further, it may not be a good idea to give two different supplements at the same time at this age.

Hopefully, you had taken consent of your pediatrician before giving this to your baby who is less than 6 months of age.

sharon says :

hi,
    my baby is almost 2 months old now. first she was on snow milk powder, but poo once every four days. then i changed her to enfalac a , still the same problem, poo every 3 to 4 days. then i changed to s26 sma gold, still poo every 3 days. is it normal to poo so infrequent? her stool is very greenish in colour, not very hard though. then i mix her s26 with enfalac gentlease. she poo every 2 to 3 days with large quantity. then now i changed her back with enfalac a mix with enfalac gentlease, her poo is greenish and long at the begining but at the end her poo become watery and got yellowish seedlike thing in it, is it normal to be like that?

This isn’t normal.

You have already tried so many stuffs. For God sake, don’t do this. Trial and error method isn’t recommended for a two months old baby. You MUST consult a pediatrician and let him diagnose the problem. The doctor will also prescribe you the right stuff for your baby.

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi, normally babies that turns two months old begin to poo less than they did as infants, particularly if they are breastfed. However, even at 2 months old she should have had a bowel movement every 24 hours or so. Usually once per day. If your baby was not producing a bowel movement than its likely she was just a little constipated and some prune juice or pear juice would have worked to regulate her again (constipation is normal for babies). However, you should never consistently switch milk as you have done. This is bad for your baby. The yellowish poo is because she was switched between milk products too often which messed her little tummy up. I would suggest seeing her pediatrician to ensure that she is okay and doesn’t have any allergies like gluten or soy that could be contributing to her original difficulty pooing.

Traceh says :

It’s not good to change your babies formula so often at a young age. Your babies body needs to get used to the formula, it is normal if a baby that age doesn’t poo everyday. The best advice is to stick to one formula for at least a month before you decide to change, and don’t mix different formula’s together. If you are concerned about your babies bowel movements, its best to speak to a doctor.

tanisha says :

Hi there my son is 8months and actual age is 6months he was a premature baby and i gave him enfalac premature milk until he was 4months then we change to enfalac A step1 until he was 7months it was ok until then. We change to enfalac A step2 he had bad cough and flu before that itself and while taking step2 milk we took him to our ped he said its normal cough and flu but blood results shows allergic, and he gave us medication after those medication he had dierea and vomiting but the thing is i do not if its the course of medication to bring out the plegmes or he can’t get along with the milk and also when ever he fats its very smelly. Plz help…

Galega says :

You can check some other milk formula. Ask your doctor for suggestions.

However, I think the issues is with your baby’s stomach. You can discuss with your ped about giving E-Coli drops for three days. It may be helpful. Also, give some syrup to tackle gastric problems.

Further, I would suggest you to discuss with your doctor about the possibility of giving Rotavirus vaccine at this age. This vaccine can effectively handle diarrhea and rotavirus problems.

Jossie casanares says :

Hi, my baby is 3months old now..he was taking enfalac lactose free from birth and after couple of weeks his doctor change it to enfalac gentlease because he is having a rashes all over his face or having sensitive skin.. He is drinking the enfalac gentlease now,at first i was worried about his poo because it is a bit green wet poo and smelly so bad but his doctor says its normal…he is drinking fine with enfalac gentlease but i am worried when he reach 3months old ,hes not drinking much..base on the content of enfalac gentlease 4-8weeks and 3months above serving per day of 5-6 in number of 5scoop of milk..he only drink 3bottle of milk 5scoop, is he still fine for this?..please i need your help..

Galega says :

You need to improve it - 5 scoops for 5-6 times should be your target. There is no need to give 5 scoops at a single time. You can give him 2-3 scoops every two hour.

Further, if your baby is breastfeeding then the amount she is currently taking will be fine.

ren recto says :

i have a g6pd baby..is it ok for her to gave her nido or lactum? thank you very much

Galega says :

There should not be any problem in giving milk formula like Nido, Lactum or even Enfalac (the subject of this review) to a G6PD baby. Even then, taking an opinion of your pediatrician will be better.

santhana says :

my baby drank enfalac a milk powder until 5 months.during 6 months, suddlenly he got diareah with green colour.my doctor advised me to change enfalac a lactose free.what is the difference between these two products? Now i have doubt whether i continue enfalac or lactose free..? Advice pls

Galega says :

This is very general problem. Your baby seems to have lactose intolerance. In that case, you should prefer lactose free baby formula. Follow the prescription of your pediatrician. I am sure you will see quick results. When my son was in similar problem - he was then 9 months old - my pediatrician had recommended Nusobee, a lactose free formula, and that did wonder.

You should also talk with your pediatrician about Rotavirus vaccine. This should protect your baby from severe form of diarrhea.

Mish aL says :

Is nan sensitive can causew baby to be fat? Please reply

awezome-writer says :

My baby is drinking Nan and he is not fat but he is not thin either, just the right size and wright. I guess it depends on how much the baby drinks which could cause to gain weight.

Gen says :

Hi just want to ask if enfalac is hypoallergenic?

awezome-writer says :

There’s a specific formulation of Enfalac that is hypoallergenic which is called enfalac HA. Check the label before you buy the product because there are different kinds.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 542505167190231/k2311a0525/5.25.07