How do I do a gift bow?  » Gifts  »
  • But then I did the math and realized that making ribbon gift bows myself was much more profitable
  • I think you understand that it will get a little lost on the truck door
  • A wallet full of hundred dollar bills will make anyone happy, IMHO
  • In addition, a very close friend of mine works as a cook, so I decided to decorate a gift for him with such a bow
  • I am a traveler and from personal experience, I know that when you are alone in a terrible wilderness and you leave your last strength, there is nothing better than to get words of support

by GEORGE

• How do I do a gift bow?
  • Hi friends, I used to sell stationery: for school and the office.

In addition, at my retail outlets, salesmen wrapped gifts. They wrapped them in the paper, wrapped a beautiful ribbon, and attached a pretty bow.

At first, we used automatically assembled bows or pre-made bows. But then I did the math and realized that making ribbon gift bows myself was much more profitable.

Today I want to show you how to do it!

• How do I do a gift bow?
  • To make a round-shaped bow, we will need:

1. ruler

2. cleaver

3. scissors

4. wallet

5. duct tape

6. gift tape

• How do I do a gift bow?
  • Now you need to wrap the gift tape around the narrow side of the wallet ten times.

Why exactly ten times? To give the bow the necessary volume. And why wind the gift ribbon on the narrow side of the wallet and not on the wide side? Great question!

Because the ratio between the width of the ribbon and the diameter of the bow should be 1:5. In our case, the 2-centimeter wide gift ribbon is wound onto the narrow side of the wallet, which is 10 centimeters long.

To make sure, I put a ruler next to it:)

• How do I do a gift bow?
  • While we were nonchalantly winding the gift ribbon around the wallet, a scotch tape snuck up on our left. Why? What was he up to with the naughty boy?

The point is that after the ribbon is wound, we need to secure it so that the skein doesn’t fall apart.

• How do I do a gift bow?
  • The role of gift ribbon is secured with a piece of duct tape on the outside and in the middle.
  • How do I do a gift bow?
  • Now comes the most responsible moment of making a gift bow. Along the edges of the skein, triangular notches should be made for the subsequent attachment.

You may ask, why make these notches twice, instead of once, but in the middle of the skein? That is a very good question! I’ve spent a lot of time and wasted material on it in my time!

The thing is, when you make the cuts in the middle, you can accidentally snag the cuts between each other and then the whole job is ruined!

That’s why I came up with the idea of doing it around the edges, that way you are in complete control.

Once the cuts are made, you have to connect them in the center and tie them with a narrow strip of gift ribbon, a few millimeters wide.

We have an infinity sign:).

And now the magic begins! The first thing to do is to remove the pieces of tape that fastened the skein, now they will only get in the way.

Then put your index finger inside one of the infinity rings and pull the gift ribbon ring out.

Then twist it around its axis, that way that ring of ribbon will be secured to the outside. After that, do the same with the rest of the gift ribbon rings.

Form a spherical bow shape evenly. This way you will have a very pretty one.
    Well, the bow is ready! Now you can use it to decorate any gift that fits its proportions. I think you understand that it will get a little lost on the truck door:)
    Now some examples, of using such a bow. Just stick it on the gift, for me, a little bit uncomfortable. So, wrap the gift with a ribbon, and then fix the bow.

A wallet full of hundred dollar bills will make anyone happy, IMHO:)

Let’s move on. I think many of you have asked more than once, why is there a cleaver on the table?

The answers to this question are twofold. The thing is, when I have a cleaver at hand, I feel a little more confident. In addition, a very close friend of mine works as a cook, so I decided to decorate a gift for him with such a bow.

And now the cherry on the cake! Many of our friends travel around the world, very often in remote places and extreme conditions.

I am a traveler and from personal experience, I know that when you are alone in a terrible wilderness and you leave your last strength, there is nothing better than to get words of support.

If I were walking alone through the desert in the blazing sun and I got a picture like that on my Viber, I would be the happiest man in the world! After all, it is the love and faith of others that gives us strength.

• How do I do a gift bow?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2021. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4623071666441131/k2311a0723/7.23.21