Sears Kenmore dryer  » Electronics  »
  • When I compared the price of the most economical model to buy with an added delivery/setup/haul away charge, it was actually cheaper to buy a higher priced dryer, which put you into the free delivery category at this store

• by Sheryl Jester
      When the time came for a new dryer, I went to the local Sears store looking for a basic, no frills electric dryer. When I compared the price of the most economical model to buy with an added delivery/setup/haul away charge, it was actually cheaper to buy a higher

priced dryer, which put you into the “free delivery” category at this store! Thus I ended up with a Kenmore 600 series dryer, 6.

5 cu.

feet of drum space.

The controls are very easy to operate, and have all of the settings you need: normal, permanent press and delicate, and up to 70 minutes timed dry.

There is also Auto Moisture Sensing and wrinkle guard.

The door is a wide drop down “hamper” type, which is very handy when loading large items like towels or bedspreads.

In addition, there is a light in the drum, which is very ...

• Sears Kenmore dryer
      useful when you are looking for those elusive socks that tend to disappear in your dryer! Another great feature of this dryer is the lint screen location.

It is on the top of the dryer, you simply pull the recessed handle.

The lint screen is easy to remove, clean,

and return.

I am very pleased with the performance of this dryer, and believe it or not, the sales associate did not try to sell me the usual “extended protection agreement”! Great value here, and be sure to price your overall deal at Sears, i.

e.

price threshold for free delivery.

jeanne says :

the dryer wont`t stop running. after the cycle is complete it keeps going to the next one. even if the signal sounds. I have to pull the plug.

John says :

When this type of issue happens, it normally means that the timer motor is defective. I would suggest contacting Kenmore to get a replacement.

Galega says :

This is quite an irritating, but common problem. If the dryer isn’t ending the Auto Dry cycle when the clothes are dry, it may be the fault of a defective cycling thermostat. A defective thermostat may not allow the timer to advance to the off position and continue to run.

Unfortunately, if you don’t have necessary expertise, you may not be able to solve the problem. You have to call the service engineer to have a look on it.

Dan of Reno NV says :

I just bought a Kenmore Series 600 to replaced my 11 year old Series 90 Electric Dryer…it won`t spin anymore and the heater just comes on…wow…I figured out what the problem was, but since I cannot get down on my knees anymore to repair it…I decided to just get another one. I also just replaced my 11 year old Washer Kenmore and very happy with it….it just won`t drain anymore….so time to call the Salvation Army truck to donate it My question on the Kenmore Electric Dryer Series 600 is….the Vent or Exhaust is so big that my Dryer now protrudes about 2 inches…as opposed to the old Series 90 was just aligned with the Washer Is there any other way to route the Vent Exhaust or make it into a smaller diameter 4 inches dia. Why can`t they design it so there is a choice of position up, rear, or side venting.

John says :

Dan, if the dryer does not spin, it’s definitely an issue with the belt. It’s likely to be broken. You should seek an appliance technician to have it replaced, if you’re not familiar with this process.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162305166640931/k2311a0523/5.23.07