The Call of the Wild, film (2020)  » Movies  »
  • But the plot is not devoid of sins, clichés, and too simple script decisions
  • I know that the movie is based on a novel by Jack London
  • Let me tell you right away - I haven't read the book yet
  • And I doubt anyone would argue with that statement
  • But there have already been many non-creepy experts who think you can shoot a natural dog and then already replace it in some parts with graphics

by LOGAN

On the whole, I liked this film. It is kind, heartfelt, sincere, and even touching in some places. But the plot is not devoid of sins, clichés, and too simple script decisions. I know that the movie is based on a novel by Jack London. Let me tell you right away - I haven’t read the book yet. So I will not make a comparison, and it is unnecessary. A film based on the text should be evaluated only as an ordinary feature film. Evaluated without comparing it with the source material.
  • The Call of the Wild, film (2020)
  • But I was not waiting for this movie because of the author of the work. Yes, Jack London is a great, fantastic writer, but that was not the main reason for me. I was waiting for the movie because of the director. Chris Sanders is a Genius! And I doubt anyone would argue with that statement.

This man who started such franchises, one of which has grown into a trilogy and just finished perfectly? But, simultaneously, the last juices are still being squeezed out of the other, and there’s no way to stop.

Chris Sanders’ first film that he has nothing to do with as a screenwriter. And the difference with his previous films feels enormous. So, as unfortunate as it sounds, The Call of the Wild is the weakest project of his directing career. And with good reason.

• The Call of the Wild, film (2020)
  • The plot tells us the story of the dog Buck, whose home life in the south is replaced by a problematic trial in the north, where he constantly has to prove something to someone. And the whole picture shows us Buck’s development until he finally becomes the master of his life. And yes, Buck is a complete character. We get to know his character, his stamina, and stamina abilities. And we empathize with him as well.

• The Call of the Wild, film (2020)
  • In addition, we are also exposed to John Thornton, who could have been shown in more detail from different angles, but what we have is also quite good. His fate is genuinely tragic. You want to empathize with him more and more as the film progresses. I assume that the book reveals him much better and more detail, but this is a film where such assumptions are appropriate and do not spoil the overall impression.

Harrison Ford is incredible! And who doubts that? Ford is a man of legend. Each of his roles at the moment - is an event because it appears on the screen is not often. In this film, he showed the complexity of Thornton’s life, the severity of his situation. It is because of Ford’s charisma and game, you want to empathize with the character.

In fact, then there is the usual, standard acting work. It is impossible to distinguish someone in general because there was comparatively little timekeeping. But on the whole, the actors did a good job.

• The Call of the Wild, film (2020)
  • The film strikes a balance between the drama of a vivid adventure film and the diversity of nature. It’s clear that it’s all graphics, and the dog himself is drawn, but for one thing, it’s justified since the animal needs facial expressions. But there have already been many non-creepy experts who think you can shoot a natural dog and then already replace it in some parts with graphics. Are you serious?!

Understand, the central character in the film is Buck. Yet, in almost every frame, he is experiencing some emotion, showing character. He acts and thinks like a reasonable person. How can you imagine an ordinary dog behaving so convincingly on the set of a movie? And don’t even think of comparing this movie to TOGO or any other drama about dogs. There they are authentic, as all their actions are logically woven into the plot. In this project, it is physically impossible to do that.

• The Call of the Wild, film (2020)
  • Complementing all of this is a soundtrack by John Powell. Powell is a genius. Overall, the sound is quite melodic. It’s a great addition to the story itself. I’d even say it’s perfect!

The Call of the Wild is a kind, touching, heartfelt and sincere movie. Yes, it’s not perfect. There are clichés, excessive drag, and a lack of particular drama because of the age rating. But all the same, it is a good movie from which you get a flood of positive emotions. I recommend watching it with your family.

GEORGE says :

Norm movie

LOGAN replies :

I just really like this actor, and the dogs are our friends too

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2021. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1123061666250130/k2311a0623/6.23.21