Birdman, movie (2014)  » Movies  »
  • Those who expect it to be another action film with superheroes or, on the contrary, a monotonous story about the main character's crisis with an emphasis on art house, existential experiences with a hidden meaning will be disappointed
  • But overall, the expectations were justified, and I didn't regret watching it one bit
  • There are also many entertaining details and thoughts, especially regarding modern society and public opinion

by GEORGE

Yesterday I saw the movie Birdman. Those who expect it to be another action film with superheroes or, on the contrary, a monotonous story about the main character’s crisis with an emphasis on art house, existential experiences with a hidden meaning will be disappointed.
  • Birdman, movie (2014)
  • A film with its own twist, combining both drama and comedy - I still can’t quite make up my mind about it. It seems like a really great movie, but it feels like something is off. But overall, the expectations were justified, and I didn’t regret watching it one bit.

• Birdman, movie (2014)
  • So, what I LIKED: Having already mentioned the monotony, I should say that you won’t get bored during almost 2 hours of watching - the events unfolding on the screen happen at the speed which is exactly as they should be for this film: not too slow, so that you yawn once or twice, but not too fast, which could have turned the movie into tangled nonsense with shots changing one another rapidly.

The shooting style is engaging. Most of the film is shot in a single frame. The camera is not static - it smoothly “hovers” around the unfolding events like if that invisible “birdman” was flying around and watching what is happening.

The soundtrack, designed in instrumental drumming, is an integral part of the originality of this motion picture. Simultaneously, fits perfectly into the unfolding action, creating the mood for the film and setting some “fussy tension.”

• Birdman, movie (2014)
  • I love both the film industry and theater, so it was interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes. Although, some of the events may be “pulled by the ears” by their cynicism and comicality.

The drama of the main character and his “midlife” crisis. I think this may affect everyone: to try to realize yourself in what you are really interested in and essential or to yield to public opinion and succumb to the desire for quick fame and easy money.

There are also many entertaining details and thoughts, especially regarding modern society and public opinion.

• Birdman, movie (2014)
  • What I DID NOT LIKE: The humor. For the most part, it is either ridiculous or vulgar. A few moments really amused me throughout the movie, and there are elements of toilet humor. I especially disliked the moment in the film’s last minutes showing the “birdman” peeing on the toilet.

• Birdman, movie (2014)
  • The thing is not apparent. It’s more my own conclusion as to why the movie didn’t hook me as much as it could have after all. The thing is that all the basic ideas and thoughts float to the surface in such a way that the viewer doesn’t have to think anything out. Everything is shown openly, clearly, and thoroughly chewed up.

• Birdman, movie (2014)
  • This is good because the film is understandable for the average viewer and, I think it is more intended for a general audience.

In general, “Birdman” is an excellent movie, original and quite topical. Still, because of the minuses above, I give it “seven.”

LOGAN says :

Super movie

GEORGE adds :

I played in amateur theater at school, so I really love films about it

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2021. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1121061666090930/k2311a0621/6.21.21