EMMA, the novel by Jane Austen  » Books  »
  • She thinks there are many other no less exciting activities - reading, embroidery, taking care of her nephews, and, of course, arranging the happiness of the people close to her, namely, the connection of hearts
  • Differently, they had nowhere to rush to, especially women, so they got together and started discussing everyone and everything
  • So I recommend the novel EMMA, and I will continue to get acquainted with Jane Austen's work myself

• by TAMADA

I have recently become interested in the novels by Jane Austen. I’ve already read Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, and now EMMA. I liked the previous two books better. They are easier to read. They are not as drawn-out, but about everything in order.

The main character in the novel, Emma, is intelligent, beautiful, and well-off. It would seem that a man would want to tie his fate to her? Nothing! But Emma herself does not even think about marriage, in fact, pushing the idea away, as she does not want to leave

her father, who is relatively weak in health.

And she is not sad about it at all. She thinks there are many other no less exciting activities - reading, embroidery, taking care of her nephews, and, of course, arranging the happiness of the people close to her, namely, the connection of hearts.

Yes, she is like Cupid looking for suitable couples and arranging their fate. Thus, she helped her governess meet love and marry well, and after that, she took on her newfound friend Harriet Smith. Determined to allow her to marry a worthy man, but her scheme did not turn out as she had intended. And now, Emma herself is already in the middle of things, and for her heart begins to fight.

The novel is not easy to read, that you’re constantly thinking about the events in it, and you overlook the time as you turn the pages. No, the novel is not exactly easy. It requires persistent, thoughtful, and extended reading. It has more than half a thousand pages, and I read it for a month! But I didn’t hurry, just an hour ...

• EMMA, the novel by Jane Austen
      of reading, and sometimes I just didn’t have time, and I didn’t open it for days at a time.

I’ll be honest, I didn’t like that the novel has so many pages devoted to talking - long, sometimes open conversations about nothing and everything. I understand that in the past, people lived. Differently, they had nowhere to rush to, especially women, so they got together and started discussing everyone and everything: who marries whom, what dress this or that miss was wearing, what house this or that neighbor has even measured the size of

the room and compared with the others!

But modern people are not particularly interested in reading about it. We want to know what happens next and how it all ends in the end? We love to force events. Such is our life! So often, when reading EMMA, I got bored, but I’m glad I read this novel. The ending is very unexpected and happy!

So I recommend the novel EMMA, and I will continue to get acquainted with Jane Austen’s work myself. In the meantime, until the next trip to the bookstore, I’ll read something lighter and uncomplicated.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2021. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1721061666070930/k2311a0621/6.21.21