The girl on the train, a detective novel by Paula Hawkins  » Books  »
  • I hadn't read a detective for a very long time, so I decided to relax, take a break
  • This book can hardly be called a detective
  • Alcohol becomes the classic attempt to solve the problem
  • In the middle of the book, I realized who the culprit was, but I didn't want to stop reading because the author brings to the conclusion so gradually and thrillingly that you don't want to tear yourself away until the last word
  • The author writes in simple and straightforward language

• by GEORGE

I hadn’t read a detective for a very long time, so I decided to relax, take a break. But with THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN it was hard to relax.

This book can hardly be called a detective. It’s more of a dramatic story. Three women, three personal tragedies that make it physically painful. Each deals with a difficult situation in her way. Alcohol becomes the classic attempt to solve the problem.

To say that Rachel, one of the main characters, is an alcoholic, I wouldn’t be too hasty. This person wants

to numb the pain; she still retains the ability to think soberly, not lose her logic and critical awareness. The big problem becomes her memory lapses due to alcohol, which becomes the detective line’s key plot point.

It was interesting to read. The plot gripped me from the first pages. In the middle of the book, I realized who the “culprit” was, but I didn’t want to stop reading because the author brings to the conclusion so gradually and thrillingly that you don’t want to tear yourself away until the last word. The heroine’s love line surprises with each new fact more and more, and you want to believe in her bright future until the final line. The whole book is exciting and makes you worry about Rachel.

Two storylines of Anna and Megan are running in parallel that connected to the main character in one way or another. One can get a little confused about the timeline, jumping from one story to the next.

The novel completely immersed me in Rachel’s world and experienced a flurry of emotions with each ...

• The girl on the train, a detective novel by Paula Hawkins
      new main in addition to the detective line - here and the problem of human relationships, addiction, manipulation, responsibility for yourself and your life. I started reading and couldn’t tear myself away.

I love confusing stories, especially when they touch a soul. From a three-person narrative, three girls have their own sad story. Oddly enough, they connected. I understand Rachel and sympathize with her. When you can’t have children, you unwittingly become an alcohol addict.

The author writes in simple and straightforward language. You read, and you are immersed in the stories

of the characters. They are spelled out very realistically, some infuriating, some becoming pathetic. The idea of the book is very unusual and exciting. I enjoyed this book. It’s good that the author told these girls’ stories at the end, as they say, to put everything into perspective. Well, and of course, a happy ending. At least for some characters.

The book is filled with anguish, worry, the grief of loss over the heroine’s life, the realization that this life was not real, and many, many other emotions.

LOGAN says :

I recently watched the film adaptation of this book. I really liked the movie. Do you think the book is worth reading too?

GEORGE adds :

Yes, I am sure.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2021. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1731051666060331/k2311a0531/5.31.21