99 FRANCS, a novel by Frederic Beigbeder  » Books  »
  • It may be the author's method of presentation, or poor realization, or the creator's overconfidence, who tried to open his eyes, but did it so vulgar, vulgar, and stupid that this book came out
  • Man is willing to voluntarily drag himself into a debt pit for the sake of a bright rag, a trendy gizmo, or stereotypical desires imposed on us by such corporations and monsters who say that they know exactly what we need to be happy
  • Any tutor, then I'm ready to argue with you about the value of money
  • Personally, I have another complaint about the book
  • And I don't like the way the narrative is structured

• by TAMADA

In general, Orwell was right to die of consumption. Thanks to it, he did not have time to see to what extent he was right.

There are books, movies, ideas. Ideas that the Greek Plato, famous for his doctrine of the ideal state in which the place of government is given to the wise, wrote about back in the dawn of philosophy. But other works claim this role but don’t pull it off.

There may be many reasons, and it is unnecessary to sort them all out. It may be the author’s method of presentation, or poor realization, or the creator’s overconfidence, who tried to open his eyes, but did it so vulgar, vulgar, and stupid that this book came out.

The book exposes itself as a wicked satire on the side of the advertising companies that enter our lives more and

more intensely every day, actually winning souls. Shackles or whips are no longer required. Man is willing to voluntarily drag himself into a debt pit for the sake of a bright rag, a trendy gizmo, or stereotypical desires imposed on us by such corporations and monsters who say that they know exactly what we need to be happy.

All these new brands are being created for one single purpose, the name of which is money. After all, as you know, not money is happiness. It’s love, friends, health, and happiness. But you know. When I have money to keep myself in good shape all the time, not get sick, and buy any house. Any tutor, then I’m ready to argue with you about the value of money. Seriously.

Advertising is responsible for the people choosing Hitler as their leader. Advertising is designed to convince citizens that a situation is normal when catastrophically abnormal.

Personally, I have another complaint about the book. The so-called evil satire, which is supposed to bring up the internal problems of advertising and dissect all the ills of these monsters, looks too naive. The vulgarities are silly and unfunny. The character’s behavior is not marginal but rather adolescent.

By getting into a posture of accusing the rotten world in which our protagonist lives, he constantly reminds us that he is part of that system.

Or the author of the book and his protagonist believe that man is a kind of calf on a rope who obediently follows whoever pulls him along. But I’m sorry, that’s silly at the very least. Yes, such companies have fabulous sums, which can even compete with the reserves of states or superpowers.

• 99 FRANCS, a novel by Frederic Beigbeder
      But does that mean that they have absolute power over people’s souls? No. They don’t.

While talking about how rotten the world is, our protagonist continues to waste money, order prostitutes and drugs. Wanting to expose the “world” in which he lives and hangs around, I don’t see any desire to break free from the cobwebs of hell. All I see is that another proud man has decided to open his eyes to the rest of the world. Which, by the way, does not really need it.

And the power of advertising is precise because modern man has become too apathetic. It is not the genius and mercantilism of commercials winning the market and people’s souls. Not at all. Instead, modern man is so tired of choosing and struggling that he is ready to buy and use what is most often

heard and most needed.

The reason for all this is not at all in fashion.

Namely in our desire not to live, but only to exist, wrapped up in our cozy and small world, where nothing else looks but what we are allowed to. Yes, it is so lovely to exist and to feel protected until the first crack, after which you’ll realize that you did not live in a castle and in a wooden shack, which erected itself.

The moral of the book is good. The execution is a bit lackluster. I generally agree with the author’s message and his idea. But I do not like his main character. And I don’t like the way the narrative is structured.

Otherwise, it’s great. Something to think about and analyze in your own life: so I recommend studying and my own opinion, friends!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2021. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1730051665940831/k2311a0530/5.30.21