Hicope Syrup (Hydroxyzine Oral Solution IP)  » Medicine  »
  • A simple physical examination and the doctor diagnosed the problem
  • I bought one pack containing 100 ml costing Rs
  • However, this was the first time when I was giving this medicine to my son
  • He was in urgent need of medicine as itching coupled with red bumps were creating lots of problems to him
  • Apart from my experience, it can also be given in a variety of other medical conditions where symptoms are there because of some allergic reaction

by Galega

My youngest son has gotten allergic reaction because of reason unknown to me. I used a medicine which I had kept at my first aid kit without any success. I also saw red bumps coming out at various locations of his body. I had to immediately rush to my pediatrician.

A simple physical examination and the doctor diagnosed the problem. He had prescribed only one medicine and that was Hicope Syrup. I bought one pack containing 100 ml costing Rs. 72. It is marketed by Mankind Pharma, which happens to be one of the most reputed pharmaceutical companies of India.

• Hicope Syrup (Hydroxyzine Oral Solution IP)
  • Hicope Syrup contains Hydroxizine HCL, which is a well - known anti - histamine. However, this was the first time when I was giving this medicine to my son. He was in urgent need of medicine as itching coupled with red bumps were creating lots of problems to him.

• Hicope Syrup (Hydroxyzine Oral Solution IP)
  • As soon as I reached home, I gave 5 ml of syrup to him. The dose was directed by the pediatrician. I should mention here that the dose is not as such fixed and decided by the doctor according to age and medical condition of the patient. For me, my pediatrician had asked to give 5 ml three times a day. Further, it was to be given just after eating something.

• Hicope Syrup (Hydroxyzine Oral Solution IP)
  • The result of the medicine was instant. Within 10 minutes of giving the first dose, my son had started to feel relaxed. The irritation emanating out of itching was almost gone. He had also fallen sleep within half an hour, which I think was a side effect of this medicine.

• Hicope Syrup (Hydroxyzine Oral Solution IP)
  • The doctor had told me to give this medicine three times a day for three days. He had warned to not abruptly discontinue the medicine before the prescribed duration. I had religiously followed his instructions. The itching again returned after around four hours of the first dose. Few hours later, another dose followed and the result was same. The red hives were still there. But, I was not as such disturbed.

• Hicope Syrup (Hydroxyzine Oral Solution IP)
  • It took two days for this medicine to completely heal all signs of allergic reaction. By the end of second day, I had noticed that all red bumps were gone. The skin returned to its normal color and condition. The itching which used to return after around four hours of giving the syrup was also gone. Obviously, that was a big relief. As instructed by my doctor, I had continued the dose for the third day also even after all symptoms had gone.

My son had tolerated this medicine nicely. I had seen him in little bit sedation after giving a dose, but that was mild. Sleeping used to follow. Apart from that, I didn’t notice any sort of side effects.

Hicope Syrup is a wonderful anti - histamine medicine that can be used by both kids and adults. Apart from my experience, it can also be given in a variety of other medical conditions where symptoms are there because of some allergic reaction.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2020. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2623101665370431/k2311a1023/10.23.20