EastEnders tv show  » TV  »
  • I think that this is the best soap opera to ever come out of the UK
  • You really find yourself taking sides as though they're people you know - I love it

• by loulou
      I think that this is the best soap opera to ever come out of the UK. I watched the very first episode in Feb 1985 when I was living in England, then I missed a number of years until I discovered UKTV on Foxtel Australia which has re-acquainted me with the soap.

It is a show based on the lifes of the inhabitants of Albert Square in London’s East End hence the title.

At the beginning the main

family was the Beale & Fowler clan and the Watts ran the Queen Vic (Pub) and were a main part of the storyline as well, when they left a lot of the story line was about the Mitchells who currently run the Queen Vic and at the moment it’s based on the Beale & Mitchell ‘feud’.

There have been some memorable characters such as Lou Beale - always interfering in her children’s life and now her daughter Pauline is the same.

...

• Angie Watts the poor wife of Den and the landlady of the Queen Vic who ended up an alcoholic, I remember one episode where she tried to kill herself in order to get Den back.

The late Ethel who always got her words wrong.

The poor loser Lofty who had a heart of gold and spent the whole Election Day trying to think who he should vote for that would help the most people and then the polls

closed! He’s been replaced by the likes of Billy Mitchell who’s always seen as the ‘loser’ of the Mitchell family and Minty who never gets the girl although he should.

It’s just so well written and tackles everyday issues well and basically just sucks you in so you just have to keep watching to see how someone’s going to get out of something they’ve done or said.

You really find yourself taking sides as though they’re people you know - I love it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102305166530931/k2311a0523/5.23.07