Azivent 500 (Azithromycin Tablets) for Respiratory Tract Infection  » Medicine  »
  • Unfortunately, cough syrup was of little help and I continued to cough a lot
  • I bought one pack containing one strip having 5 tablets
  • At both times, it was supposed to be taken after eating something
  • That was the dosage for me and I think that is the standard way of taking this medicine for upper respiratory tract infection
  • In the end, I would recommend this antibiotic to those who are having any sort of respiratory tract infection

by Galega

Dry cough is one of the main symptoms of COVID - 19. I was having recently cough problem. Naturally, I was frightened. That was not completely dry, little bit productive cough. Still, I went ahead and got myself tested for COVID-19 which turned out to be negative. Next step was to take cough syrup.
  • Azivent 500 (Azithromycin Tablets) for Respiratory Tract Infection
  • Unfortunately, cough syrup was of little help and I continued to cough a lot. I had to consult a physician for the same. The doctor after physical examination diagnosed upper respiratory tract bacterial infection. He told me that it won’t be possible to get rid of it only with the help of a cough syrup. He prescribed Azivent 500mg along with a different cough syrup than what I was taking.

• Azivent 500 (Azithromycin Tablets) for Respiratory Tract Infection
  • I was asked to take only 5 tablets of Azivent 500mg. I bought one pack containing one strip having 5 tablets. One strip costs me Rs. 95. Well, it is quite costly medicine. This tablet is manufactured and marketed by Aristo Pharma, which happens to be one of the most respected pharmaceutical brands of India.

• Azivent 500 (Azithromycin Tablets) for Respiratory Tract Infection
  • On the first day, I was asked to take two tablets - one in the morning and one in the night. At both times, it was supposed to be taken after eating something. From the second and subsequent day, I was required to take one tablet a day. That was the dosage for me and I think that is the standard way of taking this medicine for upper respiratory tract infection. I religiously followed the prescription of my doctor.

• Azivent 500 (Azithromycin Tablets) for Respiratory Tract Infection
  • I was expecting to see positive result within two days. However, I was surprised to see this medicine making me better on the first day itself. The congestion in my chest was far much better at the end of the day. The next morning, the frequency and intensity of cough was also low. I should mention here that it was the morning when I used to cough a lot and hence the improvement was quite obvious for me.

• Azivent 500 (Azithromycin Tablets) for Respiratory Tract Infection
  • By the third day of taking this medicine, I was completely healed. There was not a semblance of symptoms left in me. Be it cough, little bit fever or chest congestion, everything was gone. However, I have learned one thing that a person must complete the entire dose of an antibiotic even if he has become better in the middle. I did the same thing and took all 5 tablets at the scheduled time.

I didn’t see any problem while taking this medicine. I am talking about side effects or allergic reactions. I should mention here that I have seen many people complaining about stomach problem while taking this medicine. I was just lucky to not have any. In any case, the benefits outweigh associated risks in this case.

In the end, I would recommend this antibiotic to those who are having any sort of respiratory tract infection.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2020. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2627071665250931/k2311a0727/7.27.20