Rubbermaid Shaker Bottle, 20oz.
  • In my experience these are the best shaker bottles on the market, that I have tried anyway
  • Lots and lots of pros, only one con that I can think of
  • The larger main opening is for filling purposes and definitely makes cleaning easier
  • Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of online shopping, but you never know if you're going to get the wrong size or color

by Amy Smith

In my experience these are the best shaker bottles on the market, that I have tried anyway. Lots and lots of pros, only one con that I can think of. We will get there later.
  • Rubbermaid Shaker Bottle, 20oz.
  • First thing I took notice on this bottle, which is why I bought it in the first place, was that it has two screw lid openings. The larger main opening is for filling purposes and definitely makes cleaning easier. The second opening is where you drink out of. I love that the drinking spout has a threaded cap instead of just the typical snap on cap, because it secures your drink and protects against spills. I have had so many spills because the snap on caps always fail. At first maybe they’re good for a while, but when they wear down they just won’t stay shut. Another good trait about the cap is that when you open it to drink out of, it sort of locks into place so it wont fall onto your face. It isn’t a hard lock either, it locks only enough to secure it into place, but easy enough to just flip it closed.

• Rubbermaid Shaker Bottle, 20oz.
  • Another thing about this shaker bottle is the size. I have small hands, so it is sometimes hard for me to hold the wider bottles. This bottle is thin enough for my small hands, and has an indentation towards the top of the bottle for your hands to sit comfortably. It doesn’t fit in all vehicle cup holders though, in my experience. It does, however, fit in most cup holders on gym equipment such as a treadmill.

• Rubbermaid Shaker Bottle, 20oz.
  • I mentioned earlier that cleaning is a lot easier due to the dual screw top lids. Not only is it easy to wash by hand, it is dishwasher safe. Even after cleaning, the plastic doesn’t hold the scent or taste of your previous drink like a lot of other bottles do. I have used this shaker bottle for hydroxycut packets which are bright red, and none of the color lingered. I have also used this shaker bottles for thicker shakes, still equally as good.

• Rubbermaid Shaker Bottle, 20oz.
  • Onto the topic of powders and mixes. The actual shaker is more of a winged ball, that looks like a paddle. This is awesome, because it doesn’t allow any of the powder from your shakes to get stuck in the center, unlike some of the metal whisk balls. It makes the overall quality of your drink so much better. Sometimes I just use this as a regular water bottle. Even if I am only drinking water, I keep the shaker in there because I don’t want to lose it. Rubbermaid does not offer replacement shakers for purchase which I think is a total bummer.

• Rubbermaid Shaker Bottle, 20oz.
  • My very last thoughts on this are about the finger loop. It feels like it is a rubber and plastic mixture, it is very very useful. It has a pattern etched into it for extra grip which is nice and it also adds to the overall aesthetic of the bottle. Over time it gets dirty though, and hard to clean. Mine has been used for several years which makes it pretty much impossible to get it completely clean. On that note, after a while, the finger loop starts wearing and splitting in the center. Once it is completely torn, I won’t be able to use that part of the bottle, and again Rubbermaid doesn’t offer replacement parts for this bottle. Bummer. If this bottle were to ever break, I would definitely buy it again. I have had mine for over 6 years! Considering the finger loop is the only part on it with wear, that is awesome!

When I purchased mine, it was about $12 at my local grocery store. That was the only brick and mortar store I have ever seen it in. I have seen it online at all the major retailers. Some are more expensive than what I originally paid for it, and others are around the same price. With that being said, since mine has lasted so long, and I know it is a good investment I would definitely buy it again. I would recommend this shaker bottle to anybody looking for a new, sturdy and reliable product. I only docked one point from the rating because you can’t just go get it in the store. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a fan of online shopping, but you never know if you’re going to get the wrong size or color. It’s not unheard of. If you’re in the store you can grab the size and color you want without any question.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2019. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 537081665020931/k2311a087/8.7.19