Gudcef - CV 200 Antibiotic for Respiratory Tract Infection  » Medicine  »
  • I felt little bit of drowsiness just after my first dose
  • I thought to consult the physician if this problem persists
  • The medicine started to show result from the next day
  • However, I was feeling little bit of weakness
  • I would suggest drinking lots of water during the course of treatment with this medicine

by Galega

Gudcef - CV 200 is an antibiotic which was prescribed to me by a physician for the treatment of respiratory tract infection. I had cough since one week and a cough syrup was not giving any positive result. I had to consult a physician who diagnosed lung infection. The doctor asked me to take a different cough syrup along with this antibiotic.
  • Gudcef - CV 200 Antibiotic for Respiratory Tract Infection
  • Gudcef - CV 200 contains Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Potassium Clavulanate. It is marketed by Lifestar, which is a division of famous pharma company Mankind. It comes in a silver blister pack containing ten tablets. I was asked to take two tablets a day for five days, and hence one pack was sufficient. It is little bit costly as one pack costs Rs. 240.

• Gudcef - CV 200 Antibiotic for Respiratory Tract Infection
  • I started to take this antibiotic strictly as per prescription. It should be taken with or just after having meal. I felt little bit of drowsiness just after my first dose. I thought to consult the physician if this problem persists. Fortunately, there was no problem like this after the second and subsequent dosages.

• Gudcef - CV 200 Antibiotic for Respiratory Tract Infection
  • The medicine started to show result from the next day. The frequency of coughing went down from the next morning. I was also feeling light. However, I was feeling little bit of weakness. I continued to take this antibiotic as per prescription. The cough was over by the third day. My doctor had clearly told that the course of this antibiotic - that is five days - must be completed even if I am completely free of respiratory infection. Needless to say, I completed the course.

• Gudcef - CV 200 Antibiotic for Respiratory Tract Infection
  • Gudcef - CV 200 is a powerful medicine for both lower and upper respiratory tract infection. My personal experience with it is wonderful. It is also widely prescribed for urinary tract infection.

• Gudcef - CV 200 Antibiotic for Respiratory Tract Infection
  • However, there are some suggestions which need to be made based on my experience. The first is about weakness. It is quite a powerful antibiotic and hence whole body weakness can be expected. I didn’t take any supplement along with it. However, vitamin supplement is prescribed and suggested to be taken. I would suggest drinking lots of water during the course of treatment with this medicine.

My second suggestion is regarding drowsiness which I felt after first dose. As I have mentioned above, it is possible and should be brought to the notice of the doctor if it happens again.

If you keep these two suggestions in mind, then Gudcef - CV 200 will be quite useful for the treatment of respiratory infection. You may also need to take a cough syrup, depending on the nature of your cough.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2019. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 265061664861030/k2311a065/6.5.19