Gemcal P Suspension (Calcium and Vitamin D3 Supplement for Baby)  » Baby care  »
  • I discussed this issue with the doctor and the result was prescription for this supplement
  • I should mention here that there are many variants of Gemcal Suspension in the market and if you are going to give it to a baby, then please ensure to check that it is Gemcal P
  • For up to two weeks, I thought that this is a completely useless product as my son was still bending forward and was not able to sit even if I put pillows around his body
  • However, after two weeks, the improvement starts to become visible
  • I think side effects are all about dosage

by Galega

Gemcal P Suspension was prescribed by my pediatrics to my youngest son when he was only 6 months old. The baby was bending forward whenever I used to try him to sit. I discussed this issue with the doctor and the result was prescription for this supplement.
  • Gemcal P Suspension (Calcium and Vitamin D3 Supplement for Baby)
  • Gencal P is manufactured and marketed by Alkem Laboratories Pvt. Ltd., which happens to be one of the top five pharmaceutical companies of India. I had bought one bottle having 150 ml of solution. One bottle costs me Rs. 121. I should mention here that there are many variants of Gemcal Suspension in the market and if you are going to give it to a baby, then please ensure to check that it is Gemcal P. It comes in a yellow colored plastic bottle.

• Gemcal P Suspension (Calcium and Vitamin D3 Supplement for Baby)
  • The doctor had prescribed to give 2.5 ml of this suspension twice a day. There isn’t as such any dropper. A plastic cap with marker is provided which helps in giving right amount of dose. I followed the prescription and started to give it twice a day.

When it comes to supplements, whether for adult or baby, the improvement may not be easily noticeable. Or, that will be quite slow. Same happened with me. For up to two weeks, I thought that this is a completely useless product as my son was still bending forward and was not able to sit even if I put pillows around his body. However, after two weeks, the improvement starts to become visible.

• Gemcal P Suspension (Calcium and Vitamin D3 Supplement for Baby)
  • Apart from Calcium, Phosphorous and Vitamin D3 which are given to boost proper bone development, this supplement also contains Magnesium and Zinc. I should mention the improvement in appetite of my son once he started to take it. That might be because of the presence of Zinc.

• Gemcal P Suspension (Calcium and Vitamin D3 Supplement for Baby)
  • I continue to give it for two months. I had to buy one more bottle to complete the dosage. I think it had worked wonderfully. There was also not a semblance of adverse effects or side effects that can be seen.

• Gemcal P Suspension (Calcium and Vitamin D3 Supplement for Baby)
  • I think side effects are all about dosage. If you religiously follow what your pediatrician has advised, then your baby will remain safe. It must be kept in mind that overdose of Calcium supplement to a baby for prolong duration can be dangerous in the long run.

There is also a common concern about developing constipation after taking this supplement. I didn’t see anything like that. And, I will again credit for my strictness to stick with what the doctor had advised me.

Overall, Gemcal P is quite a good supplement for babies. It improves bone development and makes the bone stronger. It also helps in having optimum appetite.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2019. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5416051664841031/k2311a0516/5.16.19