Authentic Hotel, Vietnam  » Hotels  »
13 Ly Thai To, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam
  • The location is a positive point for us because it is only a few steps away to a convenient store to purchase drinks and snacks, to a number of restaurants (although we never visited them as we booked a full board tour program), and to a couple of banh mi (Vietnamese bread, which we like very much) stores
  • Luckily I found a piece of quilt that I could use to coat the mattress making it slightly softer
  • Every time I go abroad, I prefer to taste local foods
  • I like Vietnamese noodle soup in particular
  • Unfortunately we got the same stuffy room, but treated differently when checking in

by Pusaka

It was our first trip to Hanoi on leisure basis. Our tour operator booked this hotel for us. The travel distance from the airport is claimed to be 40 minutes, and yes that afternoon it took us about 40 to 50 minutes. It is located in the so called Old Quarter district, no wonder that the roads around the hotel are narrow and rather crowded but still acceptable as we could cross the streets pretty easily. The location is a positive point for us because it is only a few steps away to a convenient store to purchase drinks and snacks, to a number of restaurants (although we never visited them as we booked a full board tour program), and to a couple of banh mi (Vietnamese bread, which we like very much) stores. It is also very near to souvenir kiosks (evening only) which are just in the opposite of the bridge to Ngoc Son temple. All of these places are less than 10 minutes on foot from the hotel.

The lobby is small, but the important thing is that the staffs are helpful and speak English as my Vietnamese is zero. We got room 904. It is claimed as a triple room for my wife, my son, and I. But it is rather disappointing as it is only a twin bed room with an extra bed making it stuffy. The room itself is clean and the lighting is bright. But it is like a no view room because the only window we got is very narrow and positioned so facing the window of the next room and perpendicular to the street. The additional bed is hard. Luckily I found a piece of quilt that I could use to coat the mattress making it slightly softer. The shower is alright, hot water came out quickly, and there were two hairdryers in my room.

Breakfast is served on the same floor as the lobby is located. Bread and Vietnamese food are provided. Every time I go abroad, I prefer to taste local foods. I do not like the sticky rice but others are ok. I like Vietnamese noodle soup in particular. But I cannot distinguish the difference in taste between beef noodle soup (pho bo) and beef noodle special Authentic Hanoi soup (pho sot vang kieu Authentic Ha Noi). Noodle and eggs have to be ordered, and what I like about this is that they serve the guests very quickly.

• Authentic Hotel, Vietnam
  • Front view. Authentic Hanoi hotel is located in the old district of the capital of Vietnam. Although I did not find the formal rating of it, I suppose this hotel can be categorized as a 3 or 3.5 star hotel.

• Authentic Hotel, Vietnam
  • The lobby. It has a small lobby room, but staffed by pretty professional people. Different clock indication (in minute) may represent the negligence of the management. They probably forget that the lobby room is the face of the hotel.

• Authentic Hotel, Vietnam
  • Room 904. Clean but stuffy, bright but has only a very narrow window.

• Authentic Hotel, Vietnam
  • Typical breakfast. Rice, meat, stirred fried vegetable, salad, and cuts of fruits. I normally also took noodle soup and porridge (not shown). We were happy with the breakfast served in the hotel.

• Authentic Hotel, Vietnam
  • There are only 5 guest rooms in floor 9. Our room is too small for a group of three persons. They should probably give us room 901, 902, or at least 905 at no extra cost.

Authentic Hanoi hotel is actually not a bad choice. As far as the location is concerned, it is probably the best of its class. The breakfast is also tasty. And the reception staffs are helpful. According to our tour program, we stayed only one night in the hotel, moved out to another hotel in another city, and returned to this hotel for the remaining two nights. Unfortunately we got the same stuffy room, but treated differently when checking in. At the second stay, a welcome drink was served; it was a nice ginger tea. If only they also served a welcome drink at our first stay, it would be perfect.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2019. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 225031664800431/k2311a0325/3.25.19