General Electric Range Hood Model PVWC924
2.5
  • It only started doing it 6 months after purchase however so it might also be a fault with the appliance itself
  • That's probably my favourite thing about it
  • They are mildly annoying but the appliance wasn't expensive

by Markerlight

My entire kitchen is made up of General Electric appliances. I got them all at the same time to outfit a new apartment in Canada and feel I made a big mistake in doing so. The general quality of the appliances seems to change in accordance with how difficult the appliances job is.
  • General Electric Range Hood Model PVWC924
  • This time its a range extractor hood. Model PVWC924 to be specific. Its stainless steel but I really don’t understand the benefit of this on its own. It doesn’t rust. That’s great. It’s in the kitchen, why should I expect it to rust? I don’t see how this is a feature to sell an appliance on.

• General Electric Range Hood Model PVWC924
  • What it does mean is its difficult to clean without scratching. At least in the instance. Get the smallest mark on it that can’t be lifted off with just soap and water and that’s it. If you need to use any sort of force then you start to tarnish the metal badly. The entire hood is covered in tiny little scratches from the softest of sponges.

• General Electric Range Hood Model PVWC924
  • It also has a nasty habit of whistling if you have it any high than setting 2. I have no idea what causes this and it might just be the arrangement of the air ducts. It only started doing it 6 months after purchase however so it might also be a fault with the appliance itself.

• General Electric Range Hood Model PVWC924
  • The lights bulbs are also easy to remove but not very intuitive. You need to prise the cover off with a screwdriver to get at the bulb. No release catch or anything like that. As I said, it’s easy but not the first thing you might think of doing.

• General Electric Range Hood Model PVWC924
  • On a positive note, the filters are removable and washable in the dishwasher. That’s probably my favourite thing about it. It gets clogged quite quickly but I take that as confirmation that its doing its job relatively efficiently.

Overall it performs well at its extracting duties but has cosmetic flaws. They are mildly annoying but the appliance wasn’t expensive. I won’t buy anything from GE again but it does the job.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5321121664691031/k2311a1221/12.21.18