General Electric Electric Oven and Hob Model JCS630
  • Unlike the vast majority of those appliances, however, the oven isn't complete trash
  • The biggest issue with it is its ability to heat
  • If you normally cook a roast chicken for 90 minutes for example, in this oven you would have to cook it for about 120 minutes
  • For a last petty complaint, the alarm is very very annoying but maybe its supposed to be
  • As I grow older I find myself being more concerned about the capability of cooking appliances

by Markerlight

I have a kitchen full of General Electric Appliances. This hs nothing to do with brand loyalty. I just didn’t know any better when I was outfitting my first apartment.
  • General Electric Electric Oven and Hob Model JCS630
  • Unlike the vast majority of those appliances, however, the oven isn’t complete trash. It’s still not very good but at least it functions in the way an oven should. Well, almost.

• General Electric Electric Oven and Hob Model JCS630
  • The biggest issue with it is its ability to heat. If you normally cook a roast chicken for 90 minutes for example, in this oven you would have to cook it for about 120 minutes. You have to mentally adjust the time of anything you cook. It’s an electric oven so I should not be surprised. I usually prefer gas myself but that wasn’t an option.

• General Electric Electric Oven and Hob Model JCS630
  • It’s noisy as well. After you finish cooking it can take anything up to 40 minutes for the oven to stop buzzing. This can be alleviated by just cracking the door open and letting it cool faster but in the summer this is just not practical.

• General Electric Electric Oven and Hob Model JCS630
  • The inbuilt hobs, however, are perfectly fine. No adjustment need for cooking time if you have good cookware to use on it. I used to have issues with heat on the hob as well but I discovered that that was mostly due to the cheap pan I was using.

• General Electric Electric Oven and Hob Model JCS630
  • The lightbulbs inside the oven blow very often. Probably about once a year which seems a lot. Fortunately, as compensation, it’s actually very easy to clean. None of the little corners is hard to reach and the heating element is about as conveniently placed as it can be. For a last petty complaint, the alarm is very very annoying but maybe its supposed to be.

Overall, it’s a serviceable appliance but probably not worth the money. It’s not a quality item in any way but it will keep you going until you can afford something better. As I grow older I find myself being more concerned about the capability of cooking appliances. Oh to be young and nieve again.

Rajaram Savant says :

re : As I grow older I find myself being more concerned about the capability of cooking appliances
Any electronic appliances first to handle carefully is rule.but we use oven with proper information and its capacity it always good.

Rajaram Savant says :

Every work depending on capacity and company gives product by checking capacity.

Rajaram Savant says :

Capacity is adjusted by company if you take longer time it must be adjustable.

Rajaram Savant says :

For low sound pollution it becomes a feature of that oven.

Rajaram Savant says :

Every machine had life span so it must be possibility of its capacity become slower.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5314121664640931/k2311a1214/12.14.18