General Electrics Dishwashers Model GDF410SSFSS
1.0
  • Most of the appliance I bought when I arrived in Canada were GE ones but I wasn't familiar with the brand and hadn't heard anything negative about them before
  • There is little point getting an engineer out as it can cost anything up to $100 just for the visit and according to customer services, nothing that I've experienced could be described as a fault
  • I know you get what you pay for but I still expect a basic level of functionality from the product
  • My advice is to avoid GE products in general and this Dishwasher in particular

by Markerlight

I’ve had this dishwasher for 3 years now. Most of the appliance I bought when I arrived in Canada were GE ones but I wasn’t familiar with the brand and hadn’t heard anything negative about them before.
  • General Electrics Dishwashers Model GDF410SSFSS
  • What I started to find, after a short period, was that most of the GE appliances have flaws. Not just small flaws, big flaws that make them unreliable products at best.

• General Electrics Dishwashers Model GDF410SSFSS
  • First time I used it the water pump failed and, with no water to heat or water to cool, the entire contents of the dishwasher was cooked. Anything plastic that would normally be safe to use in a dishwasher melted and deformed.

• General Electrics Dishwashers Model GDF410SSFSS
  • You need to buy really good dishwasher tablets for this as anything less than extra strength does nothing. It’s very ineffective at cleaning and the heated dry setting also seems to have no effect. The dishes always come out soaking wet even if I fill the dishwasher receptacle with rinse aid.

• General Electrics Dishwashers Model GDF410SSFSS
  • The rubber seal comes loose after every use of the dishwasher. Fortunately, it can be easily reinserted but its a pain to have to do so over and over again.

• General Electrics Dishwashers Model GDF410SSFSS
  • There is little point getting an engineer out as it can cost anything up to $100 just for the visit and according to customer services, nothing that I’ve experienced could be described as a fault. I guess to be a fault it has to operate in a way that GE never intended. I assume then that they intended to make such a sub par machine. I know you get what you pay for but I still expect a basic level of functionality from the product.

My advice is to avoid GE products in general and this Dishwasher in particular. Save your money and buy something of better quality. What you spend extra on the appliance, you will more than save in maintenance call outs and lost time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5310121664620731/k2311a1210/12.10.18