The POREfessional Face Primer by Benefit
2.0
  • At the begining, this primer seemed to be a great choice for my skin type but after using it several times, I am quite disappointed
  • The biggest positive feature of this product is, in my opinion,its packaging
  • The plastic tube is not only hygienic, but also very convenient as you don't waste too much product when you squeeze it
  • The price of this Benefit primer is not really affordable, as it costs around 30 Euros
  • It is too expensive and it didn't help me to achieve a flawless complexion

by Ana

Wearing makeup is part of my life. I have always been fascinated by makeup and I do like to invest in qualitative products. Before applying my foundation, I use a primer in order to keep my makeup looking fresh all day long. Today, I am going to review the POREfessional primer created by Benefit. There are so many positive impressions about this product and I was extremely curious to see if this primer does deserve this positive feedback.
  • The POREfessional Face Primer by Benefit
  • The POREfessional primer is specially designed to minimize the appearance of pores, while helping makeup stay put throughout the day. My skin is quite oily and I have enlarged pores on my chin and also on my nose and my foundation is not able to hide them. At the begining, this primer seemed to be a great choice for my skin type but after using it several times, I am quite disappointed. It does disguise the pores and fine lines as it claims but I feel it quite heavy on my face and it clogs my pores.

• The POREfessional Face Primer by Benefit
  • The biggest positive feature of this product is, in my opinion,its packaging. The primer comes in a handy tube which holds 22 ml. The plastic tube is not only hygienic, but also very convenient as you don’t waste too much product when you squeeze it. The price of this Benefit primer is not really affordable, as it costs around 30 Euros. When I bought it, it was on promotion and I paid 25 Euros for it. Still quite expensive for a primer.

• The POREfessional Face Primer by Benefit
  • The POREfessional primer has a creamy texture and it can be spread easily. It does have a mild scent, but it doesn’t disturb me at all. The shade adapts easily to all skin tones so it can be used even by people with light or extremely dark skin tone. My skin is quite oily especially on my T zone and I do need a primer to keep oiliness at bay. This primer can not manage to control the sebum production and only after few hours my chin and my forehead have an unwanted shiny aspect.

• The POREfessional Face Primer by Benefit
  • I must confess that I prefer spray primers as they feel lighter on my skin. When I apply a thin layer of POREfessional primer, it feels very heavy and my skin can not breathe. Although it does mask my pores when I apply it, at the end of the day my imperfections look worst. A primer is meant to create a more uniform surface and extend the wear of makeup. I couldn’t say that this primer reaches these objectives.

• The POREfessional Face Primer by Benefit
  • WWhen you have combination skin type it is very difficult to find the right makeup products. This primer draw my attention because it is oil free and I believed that it will be able to matify my skin. Unfortunately, it doesn’t prolong the wear of my makeup and I feel like a wear a mask anytime I use it. It does interfere with my foundation which tends to oxidize easier. Moreover, my foundation fades away after five or six hours.

All in all, I wouldn’t recommend you to purchase this primer created by Benefit. A primer should soothe and perfect the face while helping foundation resist longer. This product disguised my enlarged pores but it feels very heavy on my skin and make foundation oxidize and become darker. I do encourage you to try spray primers as they are better absorbed in the skin and they don’t affect the quality of your foundation. I have tried many creamy textures and none of them proved to be lightweight. I wouldn’t purchase this primer again. It is too expensive and it didn’t help me to achieve a flawless complexion.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317111664490630/k2311a117/11.7.18