Xiaomi Mi Band 2 smart watch
4.7
  • I first purchased this smart watch after doing some research when I wanted a Fit Bit
  • I realized there were many other alternatives available and this was one of them
  • It was also so much cheaper I thought it wouldn't hurt to try it out
  • This watch looks very simple and it is up to you what strap to use with it
  • I would definitely recommend this over a Fit Bit for anything wanting a feature filled fitness tracker on a budget

• by Leanne Pattinson

I first purchased this smart watch after doing some research when I wanted a Fit Bit. I realized there were many other alternatives available and this was one of them. It was also so much cheaper I thought it wouldn’t hurt to try it out.

This watch looks very simple and it is up to you what strap to use with it. You can buy extra straps for as little as £ 1 in many different colours and styles. I personally have a metal strap and a nice blue and white silicone one.

Initial
      pairing is simple and involves placing the pill in to the included dock, charging it and downloading an app to your smartphone called MiFit. Once the app is installed, you simply need to click on the connect button within the app and that’s it. The watch is paired and you are ready to go; change settings, watch it track your steps, sleep patterns and heart rate.

I have found it quite accurate. It doesn’t overestimate your steps and the amount of deep sleep it shows I am getting on a night correlates with how tired I feel the next day. I have realised what a bad sleeper I am. I am a very light sleeper and often have weeks where I don’t seem to get any deep sleep at all. This all shows up on my watch and I believe it to be accurate enough.

Within the app, you can track your steps etc daily but also weekly, monthly etc. This is good if you like stats and numbers. You can set yourself goals, see how much you burn and start the recording of other exercise ...

• Xiaomi Mi Band 2 smart watch
      too, although there are other apps available on Play Store better suited for that with this band.

I have found it simple to use and it seems to do everything the more expensive bands do. It is waterproof to a degree too. I have used it many times in the bath and shower with no issues although I wouldn’t recommend swimming with it due to the chlorine.

Battery life is phenomenal. Forget a couple of days; you can easily get 25 days to a month with this thing.

I forgot; you can also set it up so that it vibrates when you get a text, call or other notification although I don’t like to have this feature activated since my phone s usually near me anyhow. It certainly has a lot of features for the £ 20 it costs. And there’s a newer version with many improvements made across the board such as continuous heart rate measurements for workout tracking, proper swim proofing and even better battery life!

I would definitely recommend this over a Fit Bit for anything wanting a feature filled fitness tracker on a budget…with better battery life!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1617101664400331/k2311a1017/10.17.18