Baileys Coffee Pods - Original and Mocha
2.5
  • Nespresso compatible coffee pods with a hint of original Irish cream flavour sound delectable, but they are actually a little disappointing in my opinion
  • I made sure to put them on shopping list as soon as I found out they existed, and bought both the Original and Mocha varieties, but I'm not sure I'll be buying them again
  • The idea of having genuine Baileys Irish cream in a coffee pod seems very exciting, and yes it is genuine Baileys, and yes it is a fantastic idea, but I just didn't like the taste of these pods
  • There is, however, a strong Irish cream aroma, which I thought was pleasing
  • Taste of bitter and burnt coffee is overpowering (big issue for me)

• by Bron

So, a coffee pod company has teamed up with Baileys to produce a flavoured coffee pod that is compatible with Nespresso coffee machines. Nespresso compatible coffee pods with a hint of original Irish cream flavour sound delectable, but they are actually a little disappointing in my opinion. I made sure to put them on shopping list as soon as I found out they existed, and bought both the Original and Mocha varieties, but I’m not sure I’ll be buying

them again.

The idea of having genuine Baileys Irish cream in a coffee pod seems very exciting, and yes it is genuine Baileys, and yes it is a fantastic idea, but I just didn’t like the taste of these pods. The packaging states that there is a hint of Irish cream flavour, and that’s exactly I found, just a hint, barely noticeable. I was disappointed. There is, however, a strong Irish cream aroma, which I thought was pleasing. The Mocha variety also has a hint of chocolate flavour, but that too was hard to detect.

What makes the whole experience disappointing is that the coffee has a really overpowering bitter, burnt taste. I had to add up to two teaspoons of sugar to make my coffee palatable, and I haven’t had to do that with some other brands of coffee pods. The ingredients are simply listed as freshly ground roasted coffee beans with flavour. There is no indication of ...

• Baileys Coffee Pods - Original and Mocha
      whether the coffee is robusta or arabica. The coffee is roasted and packed in Australia, the beans are imported (that’s fine) but there is no indication of their origin if anyone ever wanted to know.

The pods are made from BPA free plastic, which is a good thing. Apparently they are also recyclable, which will be reassuring to anyone worried about the millions of coffee pods that end up in landfill every day.

With this review, I’m not saying that

you shouldn’t buy these pods and try them for yourself; it’s just that I didn’t like them much. To other people, these could be very tasty and satisfying.

PROS:

Genuine Baileys Irish cream in a coffee pod. Nespresso machine compatible. Can be enjoyed hot or cold. Available at the local supermarket. Reasonably priced. Recyclable pod and packaging.

CONS:

Irish cream flavour is barely noticeable. Taste of bitter and burnt coffee is overpowering (big issue for me). Don’t know what type of coffee is in there. Only 40ml short shot is recommended.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2728091664320130/k2311a0928/9.28.18