General Electric Fridge Freezer Model MBC12
1.0
  • I bought this appliance about 3 years ago from best buy and it's been a nightmare from start to finish
  • I had no experience with the GE brand, they don't have much of a presence in England and when I moved to Canada I didn't know any better
  • It can't be on the top shelf because of the fan and the lights
  • The manual doesn't say why the alarm will go off aside from if the good is open or if it's not cold enough
  • It was a bad introduction to General Electric and practically useless in every way

by Markerlight

I bought this appliance about 3 years ago from best buy and it’s been a nightmare from start to finish. I moved into an apartment that had an inbuilt space for a combination fridge and freezer. It had to be very specific in its dimensions, in this case, 59cm x 194cm so options were already limited.

I had no experience with the GE brand, they don’t have much of a presence in England and when I moved to Canada I didn’t know any better.

• General Electric Fridge Freezer Model MBC12, an odyssey
  • Its capacity, despite being 20.9 cubic feet, is shockingly small for how big the fridge is. It has so many fans and vents and lights inside it that there is, actually, very little place to put food. It can’t be to close to the back wall or either side wall because it will ice up. It can’t be on the top shelf because of the fan and the lights.

• General Electric Fridge Freezer Model MBC12, an odyssey
  • Alarms will sound randomly at night with no explanation. The manual doesn’t say why the alarm will go off aside from if the good is open or if it’s not cold enough. If something is wrong with it I have no way of telling as there are no indicator or warning lights that give a clue.

• General Electric Fridge Freezer Model MBC12, an odyssey
  • The drain point for the moisture in the fridge compartment clogs every few days with ice so I’ve constantly having to chip bits away and this is with the fridge being practically empty!

• General Electric Fridge Freezer Model MBC12, an odyssey
  • My one has a stainless steel finish that scratches if you so much as run a sponge over it so It’s very difficult to keep clean but will pick up dirty marks from fingers just brushing against it.

• General Electric Fridge Freezer Model MBC12, an odyssey
  • The freezer section, despite being tiny, at least freezes the food so I can at least say one positive thing about it.

Don’t look for support from General Electic either. I had to order some freezer draws and it took them 2 months and 3 attempts to send them with no explanation or apology

The best advice I can give is to avoid this horrible fridge. It was a bad introduction to General Electric and practically useless in every way. Save your money and buy something else from a more high-quality supplier.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5310091664300730/k2311a0910/9.10.18