Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract  » Food  »
  • But it is not because of the brand, but because vanilla is actually an expensive seasoning (if you can call it that) and I've never really seen cheaper extracts (I'm talking about the natural ones)
  • However, the use of this liquid vanilla is very little, I used it a lot and it lasted me for 3 months, now I'm buying bigger bottles, which are a bit more cost effective (4fl oz for about $14)
  • I believe this particular brand can be purchased at Whole Food stores and online (I order it on Iherb)
  • It does work and I thought it was alright until I actually tried the real vanilla and saw the difference
  • Overall, this vanilla extract is amazing and it can completely transform the way your food tastes

by Irina

Vanilla extract or vanilla bean seems to be such an unimportant thing, when you see it in the list of ingredients, but it’s not and there’s a big difference between the vanilla flavor or Vanillin and the real vanilla extract. I didn’t realize that until I actually got myself this little bottle of organic vanilla bean extract and tried using it myself.
  • Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
  • I’ll start with the fact that this 2 ounces bottle is quite pricy - something around $8-10, depending on where you buy it. But it is not because of the brand, but because vanilla is actually an expensive seasoning (if you can call it that) and I’ve never really seen cheaper extracts (I’m talking about the natural ones). However, the use of this liquid vanilla is very little, I used it a lot and it lasted me for 3 months, now I’m buying bigger bottles, which are a bit more cost effective (4fl oz for about $14). I believe this particular brand can be purchased at Whole Food stores and online (I order it on Iherb).

• Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
  • You might think: why do I need such an expensive seasoning and why can’t I buy a cheaper synthetic version? You don’t and you can, but if you’re into baking and you’re still not using this product - you have to get it! I didn’t believe it until I tried, but it completely changed the way my baked goods taste and that has changed my life. I used to add Vanillin or vanilla flavor to my waffles, pancakes and all kinds of pastries/desserts I was making in the oven. It does work and I thought it was alright until I actually tried the real vanilla and saw the difference.

• Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
  • So what difference does it make? The real vanilla doesn’t have that strong vanilla pudding/ vanilla milkshake aroma , it has more of a mild, yet distinguished “elite” vanilla scent. It doesn’t smell like perfume, but it smells like an expensive “patisserie francaise” and that is the effect I’m personally aiming for. That aroma can only be associated with fancy French bakery and so all the macarons, croissants, eclairs must have that vanilla bean extract in them, if you want them to taste legit.

• Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
  • I started adding about 1/2 teaspoon to every batch of vanilla cream/frosting, macarons and cakes that I make and it completely changed the way my baking is perceived by others. I know it might sound weird, but it is true. Whenever I made, let’s say, a batch of meringues for a Pavlova dessert (in the picture above), EVERYBODY, who came in and tried them said that my baking went on a whole new level. And I made those quite a few times before, the only thing that’s changed is the vanilla extract that I added, and the reaction that I got actually shocked me.

• Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
  • Some people add it to their smoothies, oatmeal, coffee etc, and I would do that too, if I could afford it. The one thing that I do though, except for baking, is adding this to my nice cream (aka blended frozen bananas), when I want that decadent vanilla flavor. It also tastes great in lattes, smoothies and chia puddings, but if you want to use it every day, then be prepared to get a new bottle every month. Another thing it is great for is confectionery. Vanilla extract compliments the bitter chocolate flavor really well and perfectly completes the flavor profile of the chocolate. I tried making my own coconut milk white chocolate and vanilla extract was amazing in it.

Overall, this vanilla extract is amazing and it can completely transform the way your food tastes. If you’re on a budget and baking isn’t something you’re into, then don’t bother buying it, it’s obviously not something that is absolutely necessary to have. However, if you like to bake or make chocolate, then I insist that you invest into this little bottle of goodness, because it will truly take your baking to the next level.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2730081664260531/k2311a0830/8.30.18