Essence Ultra Srong Nail Hardener
  • Thus, when I discovered such thing as gel nail polish and shellac, I was really happy that I could have a nice manicure, without having to go to a nail salon every week
  • However, gel nails require proper care too and no matter what your nail master says - it does damage your nail bed to some extent
  • My nail artist recommended me some super fancy serums, but none of them were cruelty-free, so I decided to go to the closest drugstore and pick up a regular nail hardening polish from my favorite drugstore brand
  • For those of you, who don't know, Essence is a German brand that is very affordable and very easy to find at the drugstores all over Europe, US and Canada
  • I do recommend it to everyone, who has damaged or naturally brittle nails and wants to give them some strength and power

by Irina

I really struggle with nails and getting them to look good and I’ve never really had the patience to do the manicure myself. Thus, when I discovered such thing as gel nail polish and shellac, I was really happy that I could have a nice manicure, without having to go to a nail salon every week. However, gel nails require proper care too and no matter what your nail master says - it does damage your nail bed to some extent. After a year of constantly getting my nails done, my nails looked absolutely ratchet. They were super thin, they were peeling, they would break very easily and getting them done again just wasn’t an option anymore. My nail artist recommended me some super fancy serums, but none of them were cruelty-free, so I decided to go to the closest drugstore and pick up a regular nail hardening polish from my favorite drugstore brand. I wasn’t hoping for a miracle, but the miracle did happen!
  • Essence Ultra Srong Nail Hardener
  • For those of you, who don’t know, Essence is a German brand that is very affordable and very easy to find at the drugstores all over Europe, US and Canada. It is completely cruelty-free and most of their products are vegan too, though you have to check the label or the website every time you want to purchase something. The brand has a really wide variety of products and a really wide selection of nail polishes, nail art and nail care products. They do have a few nail hardeners, but this one promised the best effect and had a promising statement on it that claims there’re 85% of people, who confirm that it works. The price is really low, as with all the Essence products, it was something about $3, when I bought it in the beginning of summer and that is very affordable compared to the professional nail care brands.

• Essence Ultra Srong Nail Hardener
  • The promises are that this product will make even the most damaged nails stronger and healthier. The idea behind this is that it builds up your nails nice and hard, while protecting the weak and brittle nails that you already have by serving as a shield for them. The only hazard is that this polish contains formaldehyde, which is not something to worry too much about, since you’re applying it to a technically dead surface (that sounds scary, but that’s what nails and hair are, right?). The only thing that the manufacturer warns you about is that you should protect you cuticles, when applying this nail hardener, but that’s something you should do anyway, whether your nail polish contains formaldehyde or not.

• Essence Ultra Srong Nail Hardener
  • It’s recommended to apply this nail hardener for 2 days, then remove it for 1 day and apply it again. The whole course shouldn’t last over 3 weeks, but can be repeated after a week or two. I didn’t always remove the nail polish after 2 days, but I followed the 3 weeks course, gave my nails a 2 weeks break and then repeated it. Now I’m officially done with this product and I can share my results with you.

• Essence Ultra Srong Nail Hardener
  • The results didn’t make me wait for long. As soon as I started using this polish, my nails stopped peeling and were breaking a lot less. After 3 weeks, I saw that the “new nails” that were growing out, were growing really nice, strong and shiny. No that unhealthy yellowish color, no weird lumps on the surface - everything was great, like it was a really long time ago, before my gel nails addiction. I decided to repeat the course to let my nails grow longer, because in the first 3 weeks I was filing them off completely, as they were all damaged. My nails started growing really fast and looking generally healthy and you can see that in the picture (yes, I know I need a manicure, but look at the length and the condition that my nails are in). I can’t believe how strong they are though! I can literally press on the outgrown part of the nail and it won’t even flicker.

• Essence Ultra Srong Nail Hardener
  • Using this product is super easy. You simply apply a thin layer to the nails and wait for it to dry. It dries within 2 minutes and looks like a regular transparent nail polish. However, I wouldn’t recommend using it as a substitute for your base or top coat, as it does contain some pretty harsh chemicals and I would abstain from using a product containing those regularly.

Overall, I’m really happy with how this product worked on my nails. I also feel like I can give all the praise to this nail hardener, because it’s literally the only product I used to repair my nails and it did very well! I do recommend it to everyone, who has damaged or naturally brittle nails and wants to give them some strength and power.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122081664220631/k2311a0822/8.22.18