Bottega Nero Dark Chocolate Liquor
  • However, recently I found a truly outstanding product that I think I can describe well enough and I sincerely want to recommend it to people
  • I bought this pretty bottle at Duty free for around 18 &euro
  • The volume of the bottle is 50 cl or 500 ml, which is a decent amount of product for the money you pay
  • The flavor that I chose is dark chocolate, which is completely vegan, and that is something that's quite hard to find
  • I do recommend to try this liquor to all the chocolate lovers out there and I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do

by Irina

Alcohol is something I’ve never written a review for and it’s not that I don’t drink, it’s just that I didn’t want to write about things like wine and beer, since it’s really hard to explain the flavor of those (at least for me) and will unlikely give people a good idea of what the product actually is. However, recently I found a truly outstanding product that I think I can describe well enough and I sincerely want to recommend it to people.
  • Bottega Nero Dark Chocolate Liquor
  • The product I’m going to talk about is Bottega Chiocolatto Nero liquor. Bottega is an Italian company that was founded 4 centuries ago and concentrates on the production of wine and grappa. This company is organic and does everything in its power to cut on the waist and harmful emissions, following the principles of organic agriculture and using alternative sources of energy. This particular product that I’m so excited to tell you about is a grappa-based liquor in dark chocolate flavor.

• Bottega Nero Dark Chocolate Liquor
  • I bought this pretty bottle at Duty free for around 18 € and I believe it’s also sold in alco markets all over the world for a little bit more than that. The volume of the bottle is 50 cl or 500 ml, which is a decent amount of product for the money you pay. The flavor that I chose is dark chocolate, which is completely vegan, and that is something that’s quite hard to find. The brand also offers flavors like caramel, macchiato, sambuca, lemon, melon, raspberry, rose, liquorice etc. Most of the them don’t contain dairy, except for those that have the word “latte” in the name, but I believe there are only 2 of them.

• Bottega Nero Dark Chocolate Liquor
  • The ingredients are basically alcohol, sugar and cocoa, which I approve of, despite the fact that manufacturer choose to use glucose syrup instead of healthier, less processed, sugar alternative. The shorter the ingredients list - the better, and sometimes liquors and other flavored alcoholic drinks contain up to 30 ingredients, which is sooo unnecessary.

• Bottega Nero Dark Chocolate Liquor
  • The texture of this beverage is very smooth and creamy. I would say it’s kind of like hot chocolate texture and I mean the real one. It’s quite thick, yet still pourable, but I hope the pictures demonstrate the consistency well enough. The flavor is very rich, when I bought it, I was expecting a more obvious alcohol flavor, but this stuff I can actually drink on its own without moving a muscle, cause it is actually rather pleasant to drink. It kind of tastes like dark chocolate drink with a little bit of a bitter chocolate aftertaste, which I absolutely love! The flavor is quite complex and it’s a real treasure for chocolate lovers like myself.

• Bottega Nero Dark Chocolate Liquor
  • What can you do with this kind of beverage? Usually all the liquors are used for cocktails-making. I’ve tried making 2 cocktails with it and both were pretty good. The first one is just 35 ml of liquor, 15 ml of grappa (or vodka) and 50 ml of pear juice. That blended well with addition of ice cubes is a real fancy drink for a girls party night. Another one is my personal favorite, but not something that everyone will enjoy: half and half this chocolate liquor and some Mintu mint liquor. It can be served as a shot and can also be made into a cocktail with addition of vodka or even martini. Another way you can use a liquor like this is making into a sauce. It’s really great to serve with ice-cream and baked pears. I’m also sure this will be good in baking to add some depth to the chocolate cake or even replace the brandy in things like tiramisu. The options are really unlimited and this liquor can compliment so many things that I can’t list them all.Addig this to a cup of hot chocolate is also a great option.

I’m obviously obsessed with this liquor and I kind of knew that over time my chocolate addiction will take over other aspects of my life and now even drinking has something to do with chocolate. I do recommend to try this liquor to all the chocolate lovers out there and I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2722081664210631/k2311a0822/8.22.18