Diet Pepsi Lime
  • Diet foods are a huge sector of the overall food production right now - diet ice-cream, diet chocolate, diet bread, diet sodas etc. I'm not a big supporter of the whole reduced fat/carb/calories industry, but there're a few products that I'm actually pretty happy with and this Diet Pepsi Lime is one of them
  • I know that in the US you can pretty much get a diet version of every pop flavor, but let's be honest, most of them suck
  • I've tried all kinds of cherry sodas, as those are my favorite, and all of them had that nasty sugar substitute aftertaste
  • Original Diet Coke is also really weird-tasting, in my opinion, even though some people claim that they prefer it over the regular stuff
  • I hope that Pepsi will use a safer sweetener in the future, but for now I'm giving it a 7 for the great taste and memories

by Irina

Diet foods are a huge sector of the overall food production right now - diet ice-cream, diet chocolate, diet bread, diet sodas etc. I’m not a big supporter of the whole reduced fat/carb/calories industry, but there’re a few products that I’m actually pretty happy with and this Diet Pepsi Lime is one of them.
  • Diet Pepsi Lime
  • I know that in the US you can pretty much get a diet version of every pop flavor, but let’s be honest, most of them suck. I’ve tried all kinds of cherry sodas, as those are my favorite, and all of them had that nasty sugar substitute aftertaste. Original Diet Coke is also really weird-tasting, in my opinion, even though some people claim that they prefer it over the regular stuff. However, drinking these sugar bombs, even on a rare occasion, wasn’t a part of my plan, so I continued to search for my perfect diet soda and found it and you can guess that it is Diet Pepsi lime.

• Diet Pepsi Lime
  • I’ll start with the nutritional information and no, I’m not going to defend this product and say that it’s good for you, but I feel like if you are choosing between a sugar-filled drink and a sugar alcohol-filled one, the second option is slightly better. The ingredients are carbonated water, caramel color, natural flavors, phosphoric acid, aspartame, citric acid, potassium citrate, caffeine, potassium sorbate, acesulfame potassium. The scariest thing here is aspartame, which is technically legal and considered to be generally safe, but there are a lot of debates whether it can be linked to cancer or not, but is it really worse than white sugar? No one knows. At least you are not spiking your blood sugar and not consuming empty calories.

• Diet Pepsi Lime
  • For me diet soda is a rare treat, because I can’t imagine a real movie night without a big bowl of popcorn with a fizzy drink. I also try not to go over one can of it at a time, and I recommend everyone to follow that simple rule, but enough about the health stuff, let’s talk about the flavor!

• Diet Pepsi Lime
  • The thing that surprised me the most is how subtle the flavor of aspartame in this drink is. Maybe it’s the sour aspect and the fact that the lime flavor is stronger than the flavor of the artificial sweetener, I don’t know, but this Pepsi is really nice to drink. It doesn’t have a very strong lime flavor, it’s more of a hint, but it is very refreshing, especially when it’s chilled. Another thing is that canned Pepsi is way better then bottled - proven and tested by all my friends and family!

• Diet Pepsi Lime
  • If you still feel that fake sweetness, when you drink it, try adding some ice cubes and a slice of lime/lemon to the cup and I guarantee you that the nasty flavor we all hate will be vanished (or almost vanished). Anyways, this Diet Pepsi is a solid substitute for a real Pepsi. It doesn’t make me feel bloated and uncomfortable in any way, but again, I limit the consumption of such things to a very minimum and I advice everyone to do the same.

It is your choice, whether you want to drink something like this or not, and nowadays you have to be careful with the words you say, so I don’t want to say that I “recommend” the product that is potentially dangerous for your health. However, I do feel safe to say that I like this product for its flavor profile and I think it’s suitable for those, who quitted sugar and want a fizzy drink once in a while, because it brings back the childhood memories. I hope that Pepsi will use a safer sweetener in the future, but for now I’m giving it a 7 for the great taste and memories!

Bilal Mushtaq Jehangiri says :

re : I hope that Pepsi will use a safer sweetener in the future, but for now I’m giving it a 7 for the great taste and memories
The drink is an good hit by pepsi. It’s refreshing that will easily get you addicted.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2720081664200431/k2311a0820/8.20.18