Seize the Impress Coffee bar & Cake shop in Saint-Petersburg, Russia  » Restaurants  »
Grazhdanskaya str, 13, Saint-Petersburg, Russia 190031
  • This coffe bar has existed for somewhat over a year now, but I've been travelling a lot for the past year and only discovered it a few months ago and I absolutely love it now (might be actually my favorite place, but I'm just not ready to make the commitment)
  • If you are confused about the location, I inserted the video that shows how to get to the place, but it's not actually hard to find
  • The place is quite small and they only have 3 tables, but when the weather is nice, there is enough space to sit outside, which I recommend, because the actual yard is rather quite and peaceful, at least for now
  • Overall, this place is a must, when you're visiting Saint-Petersburg, especially if you're a coffee fan

by Irina

I love coffee and coffee bars. Whenever I travel, I go out and look for the cutest coffee place in the area and whenever I’m home and I see a new caffe that serves coffee - I have to check it out! This coffe bar has existed for somewhat over a year now, but I’ve been travelling a lot for the past year and only discovered it a few months ago and I absolutely love it now (might be actually my favorite place, but I’m just not ready to make the commitment).
  • Seize the Impress Coffee bar&Cake shop in Saint-Petersburg, Russia
  • The first thing that bought me was the location. I was walking down the street and I saw this arched way to the yard, kind of looked like the little rabbit hole from Alice in Wonderland that brings you into the whole new world. You basically walk down one of the old streets of Saint-Petersburg and then turn to the right, go through the archway to get inside the yard (look at the numbers of the houses or look on Google maps, if you are afraid to miss your turn). Once you get inside, the scenery completely changes: a second ago you were on the 19th century streets and now you’re inside this round loft-style yard with lots of small shops and cafes. The first time I got there I was speechless, it’s really quite impressive. If you are confused about the location, I inserted the video that shows how to get to the place, but it’s not actually hard to find.

• Seize the Impress Coffee bar&Cake shop in Saint-Petersburg, Russia
  • “Seize the Impress” will be on your left, you’ll recognize it by the name and the sign on the window. The cafe offers the whole spectrum of espresso-based beverages - from Americano to Lavender Flat White. All of them can be made with oat, soy and coconut milk and the baristas here are real professionals: the coffee is always perfect and presented in the best way possible. The place is quite small and they only have 3 tables, but when the weather is nice, there is enough space to sit outside, which I recommend, because the actual yard is rather quite and peaceful, at least for now.

• Seize the Impress Coffee bar&Cake shop in Saint-Petersburg, Russia
  • The thing I love the most is how many small details make this place so special. For example, look at the plates in my pictures: do you see the quotes on them? These are the quotes from famous movies. All the plates here are also hand made, so you’ll never find the same ones anywhere else. Almost every decor item in this place has a message on it. I could literally spend hours there just looking through the stuff they have at the cafe.

Another thing is that there’s no “to go” option, unless you have your own reusable cup, in that case you can take your coffee wherever you want. That fact makes me respect the founders, because it does take a lot of courage to make an eco-friendly place and refuse to use plastic and paper cups, despite the demand. Very few places actually do that and this is actually the first one I found in Saint-Petersburg.

• Seize the Impress Coffee bar&Cake shop in Saint-Petersburg, Russia
  • This place could be officially called a “breakfast place” as everything on their menu is breakfast foods. They offer classic oatmeal, which could be made with milk or a milk alternative, homemade granola, Lucky Charms with a milk of choice, omelettes, sandwiches and a very special selection of syrniki.

• Seize the Impress Coffee bar&Cake shop in Saint-Petersburg, Russia
  • If you’re not Russian and you’re not familiar with Russian cuisine, then you might think that I have mistyped or something, but no. Syrniki is probably one of the best dishes in Russian cuisine. They are essentially the cottage cheese pancakes and are made with a specific kind of cheese that I believe is only sold in Russia and some countries surrounding it. Seize the impress offers 6 types of these syrniki, all of them named after TV sitcoms characters. All the options are vegetarian and one of them is vegan (made with tofu instead of cheese). The presentation of each serving is rather cool, you can see that in my pictures, and I believe it’s an interesting way to get familiarized with Russian cuisine.

Overall, this place is a must, when you’re visiting Saint-Petersburg, especially if you’re a coffee fan. Come here for breakfast (as late as you want!) or a cup of coffee, you won’t be disappointed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 715081664151231/k2311a0815/8.15.18