Ben&Jerry’s non-dairy vegan ice-cream
  • However, when I went vegan, Ben&Jerry's has already launched a line of vegan ice-cream and from now on it is my favorite vegan thing in the world
  • Only 3 flavors are available in Europe (chunky monkey, pb cookies and chocolate fudge brownie), all the new ones are only available in the US and Canada, but I hope that's going to change soon
  • I tried 4 flavors myself and I loved all of them
  • I don't really find this to be too unhealthy, as I'm not afraid of sugar and there are no things like hydrogenated oils and harmful chemicals in the ingredients, so it could be worse
  • There's no price difference between the 2 options and there's no flavor difference either

by Irina

Vegan ice-cream is a big thing right now, as a lot of people choose to follow that cruelty-free lifestyle and a lot of people also have a lactose-intolerance or a milk allergy, so the market of dairy-free ice-cream is growing with every day. I’ve tried a lot of vegan ice-cream and I don’t want to write a review for each one, but dairy-free Ben&Jerry’s is officially the king of vegan desserts, so I couldn’t just leave my feelings about it to myself.
  • Ben&Jerry's non-dairy ice-cream
  • I’m sure lots of you loved original Ben&Jerry’s as a kid and I was literally obsessed with it! I grew up in Russia and Ben&Jerry’s was a weekend treat and was referred to as “American ice-cream”. When I grew up and the ice-cream variety became quite wide, I kind of forgot about Ben&Jerry’s. However, when I went vegan, Ben&Jerry’s has already launched a line of vegan ice-cream and from now on it is my favorite vegan thing in the world!

• Ben&Jerry's non-dairy ice-cream
  • Ben&Jerry’s dairy-free ice-cream is almondmilk-based and offers the same flavors as the original dairy-based line has. At the moment, Ben&Jerry’s has 9 vegan flavors, which are PB&cookies, Chocolate fudge brownie, Chunky monkey, Cherry Garcia, Coffee caramel fudge, Coconut Seven layer bar, caramel almond brittle, Peanut Butter half-baked and Cinnamon buns. Only 3 flavors are available in Europe (chunky monkey, pb cookies and chocolate fudge brownie), all the new ones are only available in the US and Canada, but I hope that’s going to change soon.

• Ben&Jerry's non-dairy ice-cream
  • I want to state it once and for all: this ice-cream is divine! You can’t tell that it’s vegan and nobody can, because it tastes exactly like the original one. I tried 4 flavors myself and I loved all of them! I didn’t eat them alone and all of my non-vegan friends and family members agreed to the fact that it tastes exactly like the dairy version and that it’s the most indulgent thing in the world. This ice-cream isn’t very cheap, around $5 per pint in the US and 5-6 euros in Europe. It can be found at most big supermarkets, Seven Eleven stores and vegan shops.

• Ben&Jerry's non-dairy ice-cream
  • The ingredients list leaves you wishing you didn’t see it: sugar comes first in the list, then come the oils and the corn syrup. But let’s be honest, this type of ice-cream isn’t meant to be a meal substitute, it’s more of an occasional treat. I don’t really find this to be too unhealthy, as I’m not afraid of sugar and there are no things like hydrogenated oils and harmful chemicals in the ingredients, so it could be worse. The calories are about 210-250 per a 100 grams and a little over a 1000 calories per the whole pint. It’s actually lower in calories than traditional dairy ice-cream, but obviously it’s still not a diet food.

• Ben&Jerry's non-dairy ice-cream
  • What I love about Ben&Jerry’s is how generous they’re with the filling and the toppings. In chocolate fudge brownie flavor you get real bits of brownies and there’re quite a lot of them. In peanut butter flavors you get a real peanut butter swirl and in Chunky Monkey you get real pieces of walnuts, almonds, candy and dried bananas. All the flavors are very decadent and make you feel like a kid again. The only bad thing is that it’s really easy to overdose on this, because it’s extremely hard to portion control with something that delicious.

Overall, this ice-cream is 10 out of 10 and I insist that you try it, even if you’re not vegan. There’s no price difference between the 2 options and there’s no flavor difference either. Plus the non-dairy version is lower in calories, so what’s the point of buying the the dairy version? Let’s make Ben&Jerry’s a vegan company!

Joel Greene says :

re : There’s no price difference between the 2 options and there’s no flavor difference either
this flavor of ice cream is a great alternative for other flavors, when i tried it i thought it would be awful like other vegan foods but was pleasantly surprised

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2710081664120731/k2311a0810/8.10.18