Sandwi Chez chain restaurant (Barcelona)  » Restaurants  »
Travessera de Gracia, 18, 08021 Barcelona, Spain
  • The only people I know that aren't in love with Barcelona are the people, who haven't been there yet
  • Because of that prices in Barcelona could be rather high and I wanted to share a few of the places in Barcelona that could help you save some money
  • Obviously, there are healthy and raw restaurants in big cities like Barcelona, but I want to save some money as well and thus I found this great chain restaurant called Sandwichez
  • I've only been to 3 locations, but the only difference I noticed was the size of the restaurants, other than that they were all the same
  • I'm giving it 10 out of 10 and I hope that this place won't lower its standards

by Irina

The only people I know that aren’t in love with Barcelona are the people, who haven’t been there yet. Barcelona attracts millions of people every year and has been one of the most popular tourist destinations for years. Because of that prices in Barcelona could be rather high and I wanted to share a few of the places in Barcelona that could help you save some money. I have already written a review on a budget-friendly hostel in Barcelona and now I want to talk about an inexpensive food place.

As much as it is important to try the traditional Spanish food, eat some tapas at an authentic Tapas bar and enjoy some homemade sangria, I also like to have something fresh and healthy at least once a day. Obviously, there are healthy and raw restaurants in big cities like Barcelona, but I want to save some money as well and thus I found this great chain restaurant called Sandwi Chez.

• Sandwichez chain restaurant (Barcelona)
  • Sandwi Chez is a chain restaurant in Barcelona and there are 18 of them in the city, which is quite a lot. I’ve only been to 3 locations, but the only difference I noticed was the size of the restaurants, other than that they were all the same. As you can guess by the name of the restaurant, it isn’t a fancy place with fancy foods, but more of a fast food restaurant that has some healthier options.

• Sandwichez chain restaurant (Barcelona)
  • The menu at this restaurant is quite short. They mostly offer sandwiches, smoothies, salad bowls, drinks and desserts, but they have an option for everyone. I’m a vegan and I was attracted by the picture of a Veggie bowl on the door of a restaurant. However, it turned out that they actually have some vegan options in sandwiches and smoothies as well, plus every espresso beverage can be made with soy milk.The most conveient part is that everything is done real quick and can be taken with you to go.

• Sandwichez chain restaurant (Barcelona)
  • I also like how this restaurant makes its small menu really diversed (despite it taking only 2 pages) by playing with different types of bread: they offer bagels, baguettes, rolls, paninis and stuffed croissants, so it seems like the menu is quite versatile. The prices at Sandwichez are also quite low, pretty much the same as the prices at McDonald’s are. You pay from 2-4 euros for a sandwich and about 2 euros for a large cappuccino. Big bowl of salad would cost you 6 euros and that is really cheap compared to other restaurants.

• Sandwichez chain restaurant (Barcelona)
  • All the salad bowls (or Buddha bowls) could be modified, you can replace the ingredients and add things you like, which is very convenient. For example, only one salad bowl is actually vegan (the one in the picture), but I simply asked to replace the chicken with the beans in a Quinoa bowl and the staff at the restaurant had no issues with that.

• Sandwichez chain restaurant (Barcelona)
  • The sandwiches are also really good (although I only had one), but I saw people coming for them all the time, so I guess they are quite popular. You can order your sandwich grilled to get it nice and crispy, which I would recommend everyone to do.

• Sandwichez chain restaurant (Barcelona)
  • The coffee at this place is really good and deserves some praise. I always ordered soy cappuccino there and it was truly delicious. They use some local brand of soy milk that comes in a green box and the cappuccino with it turns out amazing! Seriously, don’t look for a Starbucks in Barcelona - get your coffee at Sandwichez!

Overall, Sandwichez is a really great place to have lunch at, as it’s not very touristy, it’s very affordable and it has some healthy, yet delicious options for everyone! I’m giving it 10 out of 10 and I hope that this place won’t lower its standards.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 730071664050231/k2311a0730/7.30.18