Chef Show, Seoul, South Korea
Cine Core Building 386 Samil-daero, Gwancheol-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
  • For me this is the number one show in town
  • During 75 minutes show, I kept laughing because it was extremely funny
  • I booked my seat through Klook because they offered the lowest ticket price
  • Even for a VIP seat, I paid only 36,300 Korean won (or about 36 dollars)
  • The show has more actions than dialogue which is in simple English making everyone fully understands the storyline

by Pusaka

This is really a very fun experiment in Seoul. For me this is the number one show in town. How I will not say so? During 75 minutes show, I kept laughing because it was extremely funny. It was really very entertaining. I booked my seat through Klook because they offered the lowest ticket price. Even for a VIP seat, I paid only 36,300 Korean won (or about 36 dollars). The VIP seats are located in the middle rows giving the best view to the stage.

The show is about two competing male chefs each wearing red and green apron and four cooks assisted by two beatboxers. Two female cooks each plays a role as a sexy and a flirty person, while the other two male cooks each plays a role as a mighty and a fool person. They are instructed to prepare four kinds of food, Japanese sushi, Italian pizza, Chinese noodle soup, and of course Korean bibimbap. Not only is their way of cooking very funny, but each time they finish preparing a dish a spectator or two is invited to the stage to play a game with them. Here is the special of this performance. In an occasion they throw fake dough balls to spectators!

Although video recording is not allowed, some scenes of the show have been published and you can freely watch them in youtube channel. But I strongly recommend not snooping the scenes anywhere, otherwise you will not maximally enjoy the performance.

• Chef Show
  • Cine Core Building. I exchanged my voucher into a paper ticket in the ticket window, and go down to basement 2.

• Chef Show
  • The lobby. Unfortunately that it is very small to accommodate all visitors. They should allow us to enter the theater about 20 minutes prior to the show.

• Chef Show
  • Play a game with a spectator. A spectator is given a wordless instruction to follow the player’s motion.

• Chef Show
  • B-boying. A cook suddenly jumps over the stove to b-boy. There are a number of surprising scenes in the show.

• Chef Show
  • Flying dough balls. The cooks throw numerous fake dough balls to the spectators who throw back them.

The show has more actions than dialogue which is in simple English making everyone fully understands the storyline. It is said that this performance is a splinter from another show namely Nanta cooking show. Actually I have not seen the later, but I must say that you cannot miss the Chef should you visit Seoul.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5923071664030331/k2311a0723/7.23.18