Ocean’s 8 movie
  • I love going to the cinema to watch new movies, however, a lot of the new movies turn out to be quite disappointing
  • Ocean's 8 is one of those movies that can be both phenomenal and boring, so you don't know what you're going to get when you buy a ticket
  • However, this movie takes a new turn and tells a whole new story, so it could also turn out to be disastrous and for that reason I was very nervous about watching it
  • Nevertheless, now that I have seen it, I want to share my thoughts on it with you
  • Overall, I really enjoyed this movie, despite all the negative comments and low expectations for it

by Irina

I love going to the cinema to watch new movies, however, a lot of the new movies turn out to be quite disappointing. Ocean’s 8 is one of those movies that can be both phenomenal and boring, so you don’t know what you’re going to get when you buy a ticket. Considering the successful history of the previous movies about Ocean family (well, mostly about one of its members), you can assume that the movie will also be rather spectacular. However, this movie takes a new turn and tells a whole new story, so it could also turn out to be disastrous and for that reason I was very nervous about watching it. Nevertheless, now that I have seen it, I want to share my thoughts on it with you.
  • Ocean's 8 movie
  • I’ll say it before I start reviewing the movie: I’m not going to compare this film to the other Ocean movies, as this one isn’t really a part of the sequel, but a whole new story.

To be honest, I expected less of that movie, as a few of my friends told me that the movie was mediocre, again, there’s that problem with comparing this movie to the previous ones: Do Not do that!! Personally I sincerely enjoyed the movie! And the first thing I want to say is that even if you won’t be a fan of the story, the movie is worth watching simply for its aesthetics. New York, Cartier, Met Gala, expensive clothes and all the fancy shmancy things that we all love Hollywood movies for. It kind of reminded me of the Gossip Girl series, which I only watched to look at the high end clothes and Upper East Side posh life. The music also goes really well with the visuals of the movie, it really makes you excited to be a part of the story, even for only 2 hours.

• Ocean's 8 movie
  • I also want to express my gratitude for the cast: it’s amazing! Just look at that list of actresses: Sandra Bullock, Sarah Paulson, Helena Bonham Carter, Kate Blanchett, Ann Hathaway, Rihanna… All of them are unique in their own ways and play their roles of smart, independent, yet devious women very well, I can’t even tell you which one I liked the most, they were all brilliant! I also loved how every character had a history, which adds more depth to the story.

• Ocean's 8 movie
  • I wouldn’t say that the plot was very twisted, but there were moments, which made me very nervous and there were a few plot twists, which I didn’t see coming and overall, in my opinion, the storyline was very well scripted. The whole idea of a “girl crime” isn’t new, but this particular one kind of takes a step forward from the ones that I’ve seen before.

• Ocean's 8 movie
  • There’s no stupid female drama and there’s no ongoing love line either, just a good girl comedy. I’ve heard people complaining about this movie being too feministic, but I didn’t really see that. There were no sexist jokes or stupid period or love sickness comments, which are typical for girly comedies, and I absolutely loved it.

• Ocean's 8 movie
  • I know this is not a philosophical movie, but not every movie has to be one. This film is fun to watch, it’s great to see with your girlfriends, while sipping on Margaritas and it’s good for a cozy movie night at home with your partner. It answers all the “Friday night movie” standards - great visuals, not so hard to follow story and a happy ending.

Overall, I really enjoyed this movie, despite all the negative comments and low expectations for it. It’s not a movie of the century, but it’s a good modern comedy that will make you smile and have a good time with whoever you are watching it with.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1118071664010331/k2311a0718/7.18.18