Dan Brown Origin book  » Books  »
  • I'm not a professional literary critic, but I can say that Dan Brown's books are not masterpieces in terms of prose, his language is simple and light, so it is easy to read, like a really good detective story
  • I know that some people like to analyze every sentence of the book, every rhetorical device the author uses, but I strongly believe that there is no need to do that with this particular novel
  • Yes, he is not Hemingway, but he is talented and he knows how to get a reader hooked with an intriguing story
  • Brown's descriptions of the Spanish architecture and history makes you want to hop on the plain and get to that amazing country
  • I think that the book is really worthy of attention and you will love it as much as I did, unless you expect it to be something similar to War and Peace

• by Irina

Dan Brown’s books are now read and praised all over the world and all of that is because of his bestseller “The Da Vinci Code”. Because of that every new book that famous American writer releases automatically gets a crazy amount of attention, as well as the pressure to be “as good as that Da Vinci novel”. The fans of the Langdon series probably read this new 5th book as soon as it was released (october 2017), but I was a little bit late on the Dan Brown hype and I haven’t read the book until this spring, but now I am ready to give you my genuine opinion on the “Origin”.

I’m not a

professional literary critic, but I can say that Dan Brown’s books are not masterpieces in terms of prose, his language is simple and light, so it is easy to read, like a really good detective story. I know that some people like to analyze every sentence of the book, every rhetorical device the author uses, but I strongly believe that there is no need to do that with this particular novel. I personally classify Brown’s books as good, yet light reading. Yes, he is not Hemingway, but he is talented and he knows how to get a reader hooked with an intriguing story!

I don’t want to spoil the plot for those who haven’t read the story yet, but I will try to give you an intriguing annotation. This time the story takes place in Spain - Bilbao and Barcelona, which is quite different from the previous locations. Brown’s descriptions of the Spanish architecture and history makes you want to hop on the plain and get to that amazing country. One of the protagonists and one of the most interesting figures in the book is the futurist and a computer scientist Edmond Kirsch, who is also professor Langdon’s former student. He is about to announce a ground-breaking discovery that, according to his words, is going to prove all the religions in the world wrong and answer the questions like ...

• Dan Brown Origin book
      “Where do we come from?” and “Where are we going?”. However, right when Kirsch is about to turn on his presentation, the bullet hits him in the head…

The questions of human origin and human future are the main questions that the author speculates about in his novel. As per usual, Dan Brown makes his novel kind of educational by talking about different ideas and scientific experiments, concerning his topic. Obviously, the religious aspect also takes an important place in the story and this time Brown’s target is the Palmarian Church. Creepy rumors surrounding this church and its history make the novel even more exciting, while still keeping it rather realistic. I would actually

advise everybody, who is going to read the book, to actually read on the Palmarian Church first.

I don’t want to tell more details of the story in order to keep some mystery for those, who are planning on reading it. Nevertheless, I will say - the ending took me by surprise and I read the whole thing in about 5 days, because it was impossible to stop! I think that the book is really worthy of attention and you will love it as much as I did, unless you expect it to be something similar to “War and Peace”. So go and enjoy the “Origin” and learn some exciting things along the way!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 176071663970131/k2311a076/7.6.18