Olympia Hopkins 18-Inch Orange Backpack  » Other  »
  • Unfortunately, the bag didn't last me very long, and I'll show you exactly why
  • However, you can see in the photo that the lining around the leather strap in the top left started to come off, making it look somewhat cheap despite being extremely expensive
  • You can also see this all over the backpack where the material started to wear, at the bottom right, top right, etc. Definitely didn't last as long as I had hoped
  • To conclude, I wouldn't recommend you get this bookbag for the asking price of $100

by Ryan Winters

I used this backpack for my last year of school, and can say that it was a pretty nice backpack. I really liked it when I saw it in the store, even though it ended up costing me $100. Unfortunately, the bag didn’t last me very long, and I’ll show you exactly why.
  • Olympia Hopkins 18-Inch Orange Backpack
  • Looking at the backpack, it is certainly very stylish, and I did get a lot of compliments from people when I wore it. However, you can see in the photo that the lining around the leather strap in the top left started to come off, making it look somewhat cheap despite being extremely expensive. You can also see this all over the backpack where the material started to wear, at the bottom right, top right, etc. Definitely didn’t last as long as I had hoped.

• Olympia Hopkins 18-Inch Orange Backpack
  • You probably also noticed in the picture that the strap is missing from the top. This is because you can completely detach it from the bag itself, which for me, led to it being lost. Very annoying and definitely takes away from the look of the bag, and there really isn’t any reason for you to be able to do this.

• Olympia Hopkins 18-Inch Orange Backpack
  • This image shows the side of the bookbag, where they have a zipper. Since I was packing so many things in my bookbag, this zipper ended up breaking. When it broke, that left an enormous hole in the right side of the bag, where I had to constantly hold my hand out so that my books wouldn’t fall out. Incredibly annoying to have to deal with, and there really isn’t any reason to have a zipper there in the first place. Easily my biggest complaint with the bag, especially when I payed $100 for it.

• Olympia Hopkins 18-Inch Orange Backpack
  • Taking a look inside the bag, there really isn’t that much room. There is some extra pocket room which you can see on the top of the inside, and there is a pocket for a laptop, but besides those areas there’s pretty much nothing. There are the pockets on the side and front, but you won’t be able to put anything reasonably big inside them. However, if you aren’t carrying too many things, this shouldn’t be too big of a deal. But, considering I was only carrying the bare-essentials to class, if you’re a student I’d recommend a bigger bag.

• Olympia Hopkins 18-Inch Orange Backpack
  • Taking a look at the back, you can see there is some cushioning for your back, which did make carrying everything to not be so horrible. I never felt any pressure on my back while I was wearing the bookbag, which is always a good thing. All together the comfort level when I first got it was very good, so that’s a definite plus.

To conclude, I wouldn’t recommend you get this bookbag for the asking price of $100. If you can get it significantly cheaper however, definitely go for it. I feel like I handled the bag around pretty nicely, but it still became torn up all around. The material definitely won’t be lasting you any longer than a year. Also, don’t overload it, or that random zipper on the side will pretty easily break open, leading to a pretty embarrassing situation. Decent bag, not worth the price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1221061663800530/k2311a0621/6.21.18