Just Cause 3 action game
  • The story isn't necessarily weak but definitely not something you'll be focusing on while you're playing the game
  • I know a lot of people will agree with me when I say that sometimes you just need to kick back and relax, and this is the perfect game for that
  • Again, I don't think the creators of this game ever intended for it to be some story heavy game, and simply wanted it to be as fun as possible as you run around messing things up
  • It's over the top, absolutely ridiculous at parts, and that is exactly what makes it so perfect
  • Some of the most fun gameplay I have ever experienced, I hope you will give it a chance

by Ryan Winters

Just Cause 3 is essentially the generic action movie turned into a game. The gameplay is insanely fun and is more or less the only reason you would play this game. The story isn’t necessarily weak but definitely not something you’ll be focusing on while you’re playing the game. If I am ever bored one night, this is my go to game when I don’t really want to focus on anything and just want to blow crap up. I know a lot of people will agree with me when I say that sometimes you just need to kick back and relax, and this is the perfect game for that.

In this review I will be looking at the many fantastic parts of this game, and I will also take a look at some of the ways that the game somewhat falls apart. Again, I don’t think the creators of this game ever intended for it to be some story heavy game, and simply wanted it to be as fun as possible as you run around messing things up. It’s over the top, absolutely ridiculous at parts, and that is exactly what makes it so perfect.

• Just Cause 3
  • For starters we’re going to look at the graphics and style of the entire game. Now, I think this image speaks for itself, and really shows just how graphically gorgeous this game is. There are literally hundreds of gorgeous places you can go in the game and get pictures that look like this. I would also like to point out that this isn’t something in a cutscene where everything always looks better, no, this is the actual game. Simply amazing how good they were able to make this game look, even better if you are playing it on a good machine.

Normally I wouldn’t say that graphics are all that important in games, and that’s definitely true However, in cases of games like this that are mainly just for fun and are visually stimulating, I would say that they are very important. If this game didn’t look as good as it did, there is no way that I would enjoy it as much as I do. I simply love the look of this game and I know everyone else does as well. Of course however, the graphics aren’t going to be all it takes to make a fantastic game.

• Just Cause 3
  • Now we take a look at what really makes the game as good as it is, that is the gameplay and it’s mechanics. Throughout the game you will pick up many different kinds of weapons that you will use to blow things up. Going back to the graphics, as you can see in the image that explosion looks amazing, and if you play this game you’ll be seeing a lot of explosions. One unique feature that is easily one of my favorite features in any game ever would be the grappling hook.

With the grappling hook there really is no end to all of the insane things that you can do. For example, let’s say you see a helicopter in the air, you want to take it? Simply grapple onto it and kick the driver out, and boom now it’s yours. The gameplay is insane and is filled with movie-like moments that fill my heart with joy. I have never had as much fun with any game as I have had with this game. The best part of it is that you get an entire series of islands that you can just go around blowing up bases and taking over cities. Being openworld, you can go wherever you want and do whatever you want, which is something else that I absolutely love about the game. more features that I love include the parachute and the wingsuit, which you can combine with the grappling hook for some of the most entertaining modes of travel I have ever seen.

• Just Cause 3
  • Every major title game must have some kind of storyline, and this game is no exception. As I said previously, it is definitely one of the weakest components in the game, but really it doesn’t matter. You don’t play this game for the story, just like how you don’t watch action movies for the plot. You play the game to blow things up and have a good time. Despite that, the story is essentially that there is an evil dictator that you have to bring down, and the only way you know how to do this is by blowing up all of his toys around the islands.

I will say that they did a good job of having the story go well with what you want to do the whole game. Despite not being one of my favorite parts of the game, I won’t say it ruined my experience with the game, though it definitely didn’t add anything to it. I am glad that they attempted to keep the cutscenes limited and not flood us with boring information so that we can get back to the action as soon as possible. All in all, good work on the storyline and not letting it get in the way of the real fun.

• Just Cause 3
  • Now let’s look at what makes the game for me, the complete insanity that is going on all around you. Just look at the image, there you are standing on a missile heading straight for one of the cities in the game. Your job is to stop the missile from destroying the city by redirecting it. Now, I don’t know about you, but that sounds completely ridiculous, and this is the only game I know of that will be able to pull off these kinds of insane stunts. Being over the top is what makes this one of my favorite games ever and I will always remember the absolute insanity that I went through while I was going through the story.

This also brings me back to one of my previous comments where I said the story does a good job of complimenting what you actually want to do. This would be a perfect example of this. Sure, they could have had you simply disable the bomb, or stop the launch, but no, they make you hook onto it while it is flying through the air and make you redirect where it is going to land by hand. Truly the best gameplay experience I have ever had, and one of the many reasons I will always love this game.

• Just Cause 3
  • Finally, I take your attention to the map of the game. It is probably the biggest open world game I have ever played, and every inch of this map is filled with beauty and unique landscapes. As you can see in the picture, there is the main land where there is trees and lakes, and in the back you can see the snowy mountain. Everything in this game that you can see is somewhere that you can go, no matter how far it looks. They are able to accomplish this by having everything take place on islands, so essentially the boarders of this game would be the ocean.

This is something that I don’t think any other game has been able to get right. It is kind of like a massive sandlot where you can play around in for hours doing whatever you want and having tons of fun. I would say this is one of my favorite maps in all the games I have played, and I have played a lot of open world games. Just another fantastic feature to this already amazing game.

To conclude, if you’re looking for a strong story-driven game, then this is not the game you would want to be playing. But if you’re looking for something where you don’t really have to think about what you’re doing and just want to blow things up, this is the perfect game for you. While there are a lot of weak points, it is still the best action game you can play currently. I can’t think of any other game that would be able to give me the kind of satisfaction I had while I was playing this. Some of the most fun gameplay I have ever experienced, I hope you will give it a chance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2818061663770530/k2311a0618/6.18.18