Mr. Nobody, movie
  • The visuals and story telling in this movie is some of the best I have ever seen, not to mention the music used at many points in the film fit perfectly with the scenes they are portraying
  • The movie jumps around a lot and at times can be hard to follow, but all in all I would say it is one of my favorite movies
  • In this review I'll be looking at why the movie is so amazing
  • This was when he had to choose between who he wanted to live with, his mother or father
  • I mean, how often have we all looked back at some of the defining decisions in our lives and wondered what would have happened if we chose something else

by Ryan Winters

This movie follows the life and stories of Nemo Nobody, played by Jared Leto. The visuals and story telling in this movie is some of the best I have ever seen, not to mention the music used at many points in the film fit perfectly with the scenes they are portraying. The basis of the movie is that Mr. Nobody is the last human on earth, and he is reliving the life he had lived, as well as looking into the lives he could have lived. The movie jumps around a lot and at times can be hard to follow, but all in all I would say it is one of my favorite movies.

In this review I’ll be looking at why the movie is so amazing. The visuals at multiple parts are amazing, and I hope I can show all of them.

• Mr. Nobody (Movie)
  • Starting off, we’ll take a look at the cover of the movie. The top half shows the version of Nemo that we most often see throughout the movie, though there are many different versions of this character. The bottom shows the current Nemo, near death. In the middle you see the title of the movie, and two hands reaching out for eachother. This was the first major life changing decisions in Nemo’s life. This was when he had to choose between who he wanted to live with, his mother or father. The movie takes us through what would have happened in both scenarios, and does a fantastic job of showing us how hard this decision is for someone.

This cover gives you a good idea of what the movie is about, the importance of the decisions we make in life and how they affect the rest of our lives. I think that this cover is perfect for the movie, and really makes you interested in what the movie is about.

• Mr. Nobody (Movie)
  • Here is an example of some of the imagery that is used throughout the movie. You will often see somewhat odd scenes, such as one showing babies in heaven, choosing who they want to be their parents. I personally really enjoyed these scenes, as it painted an interesting story, and I feel many directors would not be able to pull off such scenes without them coming off as overly silly. Excellent work coming from director Jaco Van Dormael.

Along with this scene, there is another one somewhat like it in the sense that they were both dream like and not actually occurring in the movie. In this other scene it shows the world being taken apart by helicopters, and was a very interesting visual. I’m not exactly sure what the director was going for with this, but it definitely was an interesting thing to look at.

• Mr. Nobody (Movie)
  • Here is another scene that shows exactly why I absolutely love this movie. In this scene we see Nemo at a dance, where he chooses who he dances with. It is another defining decision in the movie, as it actually decides who he is going to be with. The song that plays at this scene really completes it, and the camera work was beautifully done.

I would say that one of the best aspects of the film would be the visuals, that are also spectacular even in a scene that normally would not be that interesting. The lighting and camera work do an amazing job of showing how important this moment is for Nemo, not because dances in highschool are actually that important, but because he made it this important. Not to mention the acting in this scene was amazing from everyone involved from the actor playing Nemo to all of the girls in the scene. Definitely one of my favorite scenes from the movie.

• Mr. Nobody (Movie)
  • There are many different versions of Nemo’s life that we see throughout the entire movie. In most of them, he is unhappy with what has become of his life and he wishes he had done something different. This occurs even in the lives where he is rich and famous. The only one where he appears to be truly happy would be the one where he is poor. I think that this is an excellent message to send to the public, that if you only chase after wealth or fame in your life you will never truly be happy with what your life becomes. You should rather follow what truly makes you happy, even if in the end there isn’t that much money in it. What matters in like is that you are happy and with people that you love.

I think that this movie did an excellent job of building up to this message. I also feel that this is an important message to give to the people as many people today chase money over happiness. I will also say that I think that the entire lifeline was very well filmed, and I very much enjoyed watching the journey.

• Mr. Nobody (Movie)
  • It should also be noted that there are a lot of sci-fi style parts to this movie. As it takes place in the future, we see a lot of interesting takes as to what the future will look like. Obviously from the description of the movie, the world has been taken over by androids, and there are no more humans left, except for Nemo. I think that this is an interesting take on what the future may hold, and it very well may come true.

In this image, you see Nemo on his way to Mars, another way his life could have gone. This is another very interesting sci-fi idea that I really enjoyed watching play out. I am very glad they added these kinds of scenes as they are very interesting to watch and see how the director handles these kinds of scenes. Fantastic job from the writing team and directing to makes these scenes work, when they could easily come off as goofy.

To conclude, I will say that as a sci-fi nerd, this was definitely a perfect film for me. I also very much enjoyed the different realities that the movie showed, and thought that the concept in general was very interesting, and definitely something we have all thought of. I mean, how often have we all looked back at some of the defining decisions in our lives and wondered what would have happened if we chose something else? Along with this were the amazing visuals that we don’t see too often anymore, this movie definitely makes it in my top 10 list. It really made me think about life and how everything would have been different, and made me think about what I really want to get out of life.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1113061663740330/k2311a0613/6.13.18