Fix & Perfect Makeup Primer by Rimmel  » Cosmetics  »
  • Using a face primer is definitely necessary for me because I have combination skin type and even the best foundation can not last all day long if I don't apply first a makeup primer
  • When it comes to makeup products, Rimmel is one of my favourite brands because it always surprises me with its cheap yet very qualitative cosmetics
  • Few months ago I purchased the Fix &Perfect Makeup Primer by Rimmel but it didn't impress me too much
  • Whenever I apply it my skin looks healthier and my foundation stays put all day, but unfortunately it couldn't mattify my oily zones
  • If you don't have major skin problems, this primer might be suitable for you, but in my case, it didn't help me too much to control the quantity of sebum produced by my skin throughout the day

by Irina

Using a face primer is definitely necessary for me because I have combination skin type and even the best foundation can not last all day long if I don’t apply first a makeup primer. I tried a variety of brands but I am still looking for the winning formula that will convince me to purchase it again and again. When it comes to makeup products, Rimmel is one of my favourite brands because it always surprises me with its cheap yet very qualitative cosmetics. Few months ago I purchased the Fix &Perfect Makeup Primer by Rimmel but it didn’t impress me too much. Whenever I apply it my skin looks healthier and my foundation stays put all day, but unfortunately it couldn’t mattify my oily zones.
  • Fix &Perfect Makeup Primer by Rimmel
  • The packaging of this primer looks quite cheap and has nothing out of the ordinary. It comes in an opaque plastic tube which holds 30 ml. Although it is definitely not really eye-catching, I have to admit that it is very practical. I can take it easily with me everywhere as it is so tiny that it can fit even in my smallest bag. This squeezable tube dispenses just the right amount of product and it is quite long lasting. I bought it from a drugstore and it is unbelievably cheap: only 5 Euros. Cheaper than the other similar products and although it doesn’t make miracles, I have to admit that it delivers good quality for this price.

• Fix &Perfect Makeup Primer by Rimmel
  • Before buying this Rimmel primer, I tested it in the shop and I immediately fell in love with its lightweight formula. It glides smoothly on the skin and it doesn’t leave behind any greasy or oily residue. I highly appreciate that it has a mild smell which makes it perfect for those who are sensitive to perfumes. It is absorbed completely into the skin and I almost forget that I applied a primer. It will be excellent if you have normal to dry skin because I could feel that it moisturized pretty well my skin.

• Fix &Perfect Makeup Primer by Rimmel
  • Many women avoid to use a primer and they don’t know its huge importance. When I don’t apply a primer, my foundation simply disappears after three or four hours and I have to reapply it throughout the day, which is of course very annoying. If I use a primer, my makeup stays in place minimum eight hours. The Fix &Perfect Makeup Primer by Rimmel provides a variety of benefits because not only does it brighten the skin, but it also prolongs the wear of my makeup and protects the skin against harmful environmental factors.

• Fix &Perfect Makeup Primer by Rimmel
  • I have some skin imperfections and I always wear makeup in order to disguise them. If your skin is clear you can simply apply the primer and your skin will appear healthier and radiant. I always apply it before I put my foundation and I am quite happy with it because as you can see in this photo, my foundation sets better without looking cakey or unnatural. My only complaint regarding this primer is that it can not mattify very well my oily areas and I need to reapply a translucent powder throughout the day.

• Fix &Perfect Makeup Primer by Rimmel
  • I do believe that this Rimmel primer would be ideal if you have sensitive skin or dry skin. Its formula is very gentle and it never caused me any breakouts or irritations. My skin is quite oily and Fix &Perfect Makeup Primer is not really suitable for me due to its moisturizing properties. I would definitely need a product specially designed for combination skin type to combat that unwanted shiny aspect. Moreover, a primer is ment to minimize the aspect of large pores, but this one is not really effective to hide the blackheads properly.

All in all, I am not really impressed by this Rimmel products, but if we take into account that it costs around 5 Euros, we can not have huge expectations. If you don’t have major skin problems, this primer might be suitable for you, but in my case, it didn’t help me too much to control the quantity of sebum produced by my skin throughout the day. On the contrary, I have to say that it leaves my skin soft and my foundation doesn’t set into lines and lasts longer when I first apply the primer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114051663580431/k2311a0514/5.14.18