Dan Brown The Lost Symbol book  » Books  »
  • I love reading fiction, especially when it has a certain level of depth and mystery to it and Dan Brown's novels are probably the best kind to read in order to feel like you're in a thriller
  • Probably everyone has read The Da Vinci Code or at least watched the movie, which, by the way, is nothing, compared to the book
  • I actually enjoyed the third one the most
  • Anyways, the book has definitely kept me on the edge of my seat for the whole week that I was reading it (well, I actually listened to it, but that's the same thing, right
  • I think it is now needless to say that I 100% recommend reading this book

• by Irina

I love reading fiction, especially when it has a certain level of depth and mystery to it and Dan Brown’s novels are probably the best kind to read in order to feel like you’re in a thriller. Probably everyone has read “The Da Vinci Code” or at least watched the movie, which, by the way, is nothing, compared to the book. I’ve already read 4 books from the Robert Langdon sequel and I have to say: I actually enjoyed the third one the most. Maybe that’s because there’s no movie to it or maybe that’s because it is not as hyped and I didn’t have any expectations for it what so ever. Anyways, the book has definitely kept me on the edge of my seat for the whole week that I was reading it (well, I actually listened to

it, but that’s the same thing, right?)

Once you open the book, you immediately get immersed into that crazy and mysterious world of Robert Langdon. It’s like you read a few sentences and bam - you’re sitting next to Harvard’smost eligible bachelor - professor Langdon. All the events in The Lost Symbol, unlike in the other novels, take place in Washington, U.S. At first I thought that it couldn’t be very exciting, since there’s really nothing mysterious about Washington, but I was so wrong. Freemasonry, which secrets are the main focus of the novel, actually had (and probably still has) a lot of followers among the most powerful men in America. The fact that made it all even more exciting is that all the mysteries Dan Brown unveils or gives you a peak of are based on the true facts, which makes the reading experience 10 times more fun. I am a very curious soul and I googled almost every single piece of art or fact that was mentioned in the book. And I’m telling you, the author did do his research really well, because a lot of things he claims that I’ve never heard about are actually legit and are worth reading on.

I’ve heard very versatile opinions on this book. Some say Dan Brown stopped trying so hard to make his novels as mysterious and as incredible, as he made his first 2 and others say that this book is actually outstanding and might be the best one of all. However, I don’t expect every single Dan Brown’s book to be phenomenal and award-winning and I don’t recommend anyone to do that. Yes, this book pretty much ...

• Dan Brown The Lost Symbol book
      follows the same template as the other ones in Robert Langdon series; there’s a big crisis coming, which only the smart and experienced symbologist could help prevent and there’s an attractive intelligent woman that accompanies the professor and helps him find the solution to the mystery. Yet, all James Bond movies follow a similar scenario and nobody criticizes them for that. I actually think that Robert Langdon is pretty much a James Bond of the intellectual world and I know most women reading Brown’s books have a crush on him.

I found this book’s events rather unpredictable. I mean, I knew that things were going to work out in the end, but the way they turned out was quite shocking. There’s very little romance in this novel, yet, it has all the drama to keep you in tension till

the very end. As per usual, there’s a great ancient mystery, which is kind of unveiled in the end, but still remains a secret to the readers. It is amazing how you find out so much about yet another old fraternity and its secrets and still you have more questions than answers once you finish the book.

I think the fact that there’s still no movie about this Dan Brown’s novel is actually a good thing. Reading the book before its screen adaption is kind of a privilege. You get to fantasize and imagine all places and characters the way you want to and you won’t miss a single detail.

I think it is now needless to say that I 100% recommend reading this book. If you love mysteries, but you still haven’t read this piece of literature- you’re soooo missing out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 178051663550631/k2311a058/5.8.18