Earth Circle Organics Maca Powder
  • I am a big believer in the healing power of foods and thus I love trying all kinds of superfoods that promise to do all kinds of magic to your health/body/skin etc. One superfood I was particularly interested in is the Maca Powder
  • First of all, let me quickly explain what Maca is and then I'll get into the review
  • This 8 oz bag of Maca costs about $7 on Iherb and I think it's a fair price for 45 servings of this
  • First thing I want to say about this particular brand's Maca is actually negative, because the packaging is pretty bad
  • Maybe you'll like the taste of Maca, because there are people, who actually enjoy it and even make things like Maca latte

by Irina

I am a big believer in the healing power of foods and thus I love trying all kinds of superfoods that promise to do all kinds of magic to your health/body/skin etc. One superfood I was particularly interested in is the Maca Powder.
  • Earth Circle Organics Maca Powder
  • First of all, let me quickly explain what Maca is and then I’ll get into the review. Maca is a type of a cruciferous vegetable (just a fancy name of a plant family that Maca belongs to) from Peru. It kind of looks like brown turnip, if you google it, but it is sold all over the world in a powder form. Maca is considered an adaptogen, which means that it can help you deal with the stresses and adapt to a change of schedule, irregular schedule, jetlags etc. It is also rich in antioxidants and has been proven to balance your hormone levels, as well as balance the estrogens and help you keep them under control.

• Earth Circle Organics Maca Powder
  • I picked out this Earth Circle Organics Maca Powder, because it had quite a lot of good reviews and it is also raw and organic. This 8 oz bag of Maca costs about $7 on Iherb and I think it’s a fair price for 45 servings of this. First thing I want to say about this particular brand’s Maca is actually negative, because the packaging is pretty bad: the zip lock is really loose and it simply doesn’t do what it’s supposed to do, so you might have to transfer it, because keeping the product package open isn’t really good.

• Earth Circle Organics Maca Powder
  • The Maca powder has a very light yellow-brown color, kind of like the ground ginger, but a little darker. A lot of people say that this powder has a really nice nutty flavor that nicely compliments the hot chocolate, smoothies, cocktails etc., but I have to admit: I hate the taste of Maca. To me it smells and tastes sweet and earthy, but for some reason I really hate it. Luckily, it doesn’t have a very strong taste, so you can conceal it with the chocolate, fruits and other things that have a strong flavor that will overpower the Maca.

• Earth Circle Organics Maca Powder
  • As you can see, Maca is really low in fat and has a fair amount of vitamins and minerals for a teaspoon of product. Since Health benefits of Maca root is the only reason why I make myself take if every day. I’ve been putting 1 teaspoon of Maca Powder in my mocha, hot chocolate, smoothies, oatmeal and even cereal for over a month now and, to be honest, I didn’t notice any difference with it.

• Earth Circle Organics Maca Powder
  • Initially, I bought the Maca Powder in hopes that it would help balance my hormones, as I do have some issues with my hormone levels, but taking Maca didn’t make any difference. I also didn’t notice any difference in my energy levels, though I don’t really have any problems with that. Some people also claim that Maca can positively affect your mood, help you cope with stress and raise your libido, but I didn’t notice that either.

Overall, for me Maca did absolutely nothing. Obviously, not all the superfoods have a noticeable effect on your health, but it’s one thing, when you like the taste of something and you know it’s good for you, even though it doesn’t do anything big, and it’s another thing, when you hate the taste of the food and you don’t notice its beneficial effect at all. Basically, I don’t recommend the Maca Powder as a superfood, but it is still important to make your own opinion of it. Maybe you’ll like the taste of Maca, because there are people, who actually enjoy it and even make things like Maca latte. So try it, if you have an opportunity to, but don’t get too excited and don’t waste too much money on it, unless you know you like it

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2726031663240531/k2311a0326/3.26.18