Trimox CV Dry Syrup for Bacterial Infections
  • I bought one pack of Trimox CV which cost Rs
  • A major problem began when I gave it to my son
  • I think it is rather a safe medicine if taken strictly as per the prescription of the pediatrician

by Galega

Trimox CV dry syrup was prescribed to my youngest son for the treatment of wounds on his head. It is actually a powerful antibiotic which quicken the wound healing process apart from keeping off any possibility of spreading of infection. He had three wounds on the head and when we took him to the pediatrician, the doctor instantly prescribed this antibiotic syrup along with an antihistamine medicine.
  • Trimox CV Dry Syrup for Bacterial Infections
  • I bought one pack of Trimox CV which cost Rs. 56. It is manufactured and marketed by Mapra Laboratories Pvt. Ltd. It contains Amoxicillin and Potassium Clavulanate. I was not new to this combination, but that was the first time when I was going to give it to my baby.

• Trimox CV Dry Syrup for Bacterial Infections
  • The pack contains one small plastic jar containing antibiotic in powder form. There is also a 30 ml ampoule of sterile water for reconstitution of the antibiotic. The method of reconstitution is clearly given with proper image guidelines on the pack itself. First of all, I shake well the jar containing powder and then opened the seal. Now, I added sterile water to the level which is marked on the bottle itself. I again shook the jar and the syrup was ready.

• Trimox CV Dry Syrup for Bacterial Infections
  • A major problem began when I gave it to my son. He instantly vomited. He didn’t like the taste. I again repeated the procedure and the result was the same. I dialed the doctor who suggested me to add little bit of sugar and water. This method worked and he started to take the syrup. I think the taste is little bit bitter.

• Trimox CV Dry Syrup for Bacterial Infections
  • After giving it to my baby, I kept the reconstituted solution in the refrigerator. It is a common mistake made by parents as they keep it at the room temperature. I was asked to give 5 ml thrice a day. There was no such instruction of giving it before or after meal. The doctor had just told me to not give exactly after meal.

• Trimox CV Dry Syrup for Bacterial Infections
  • The first sign of improvement came after two days of giving this syrup. The wound started to become smaller. I continued to give the syrup as per prescription. It takes around 5 days for complete healing of the wound.

The reconstituted syrup needs to be used within 7 days of opening the pack. This is another mistake made by parents as many use it for longer. It had done the job by 5th day and hence I was not required to keep using it.

There was no side effect experienced by my son. I think it is rather a safe medicine if taken strictly as per the prescription of the pediatrician.

Overall, Trimox CV is a good antibiotic which can be used for many other purposes also, like Urinary Tract Infection and Respiratory Infection.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2621031663130931/k2311a0321/3.21.18