Tremnil 2mg (Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride) Tablet for Muscle Spasm and Cramp  » Medicine  »
  • My experience with this medicine is for an altogether different reason
  • This is not the first time when we experienced this problem
  • I bought three strips of this medicine from a local pharmacy store
  • I will again mention here that it is quite a popular medicine for Parkison's disease, but it was prescribed to my brother for spasms and cramps which worked wonderfully

• by Galega

Tremnil 2mg tablet is used in the treatment of Parkison’s disease and related symptom. My experience with this medicine is for an altogether different reason. My brother who is a long term survivor of Grade IV GBM Brain Tumor patient was prescribed this medicine for muscle spasm. This is not the first time when we experienced this problem. The neuro physician had previously prescribed a different medicine.

Tremnil 2mg is an anticholinergic medicine which can be used as

a muscle relaxant. It is generally not prescribed for mild muscle cramp and spasms cases. My brother was asked to take this medicine once a day for one month.

I bought three strips of this medicine from a local pharmacy store. One strip containing 10 tablets costs Rs. 12. Undoubtedly, this is one of the cheapest medicines which was ever prescribed to my brother. It is manufactured by Shine Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd. and is available at almost all pharmacies which keep medicines meant for neurological disorders. Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride is the only active ingredient of this medicine.

I started to give one tablet to my brother after dinner. Within two days I noticed some problem. That was severe dryness of mouth within half an hour of taking this medicine. Now, dryness of mouth is not something to be ignored about with a patient. I called the doctor who told me to give the medicine before food. I followed ...

• Tremnil 2mg (Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride) Tablet for Muscle Spasm and Cramp
      the instruction from the next day and this side effect was gone.

Muscle cramp continued to come, but gradually it was becoming easier to get rid of that. Slight massaging of fingers and ankles was all required to handle muscle cramp. That was not possible before taking this medicine. Over time, the frequency of cramp also went down. The doctor recommended continuing this medicine for one more month. Within this duration, the painful episodes of cramps were completely over.

I did not notice any other side effects of this medicine, apart from mouth dryness which happened during the first two days. It is not an over the counter product, and should be taken only under medical supervision.

Overall, Tremnil 2mg is a good medicine for the treatment of muscle spasms and cramps. I will again mention here that it is quite a popular medicine for Parkison’s disease, but it was prescribed to my brother for spasms and cramps which worked wonderfully.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2619031663050331/k2311a0319/3.19.18