Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Makeup (Nude)
2.5
  • I have never been a fan of stick foundations
  • I love Revlon products, but this one lets me down
  • My mother has normal skin type, without any scars or other flaws, but she told me that she is also not happy with this Revlon product
  • I am very disappointed because Revlon Photoready products are very appreciated as they do ensure a radiant youthful aspect, but unfortunately Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Makeup doesn't respect what it says

by Irina

I have never been a fan of stick foundations. I always struggle to apply them properly and I do feel they are too heavy for my skin. My mother has recently bought the new foundation released by Revlon, called Photoready Insta-Fix makeup. I love Revlon products, but this one lets me down. I have some imperfections and this stick foundation doesn’t manage to cover them efficiently. Moreover, it doesn’t look natural on my face and it doesn’t blend easily. My mother has normal skin type, without any scars or other flaws, but she told me that she is also not happy with this Revlon product. She complained about its texture and she says that it provides a cakey aspect.
  • Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Makeup(Nude)
  • Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix has a simple packaging, but very practical and convinient. The stick foundation looks like a bigger lipstick and it is encased in a plastic black tube. I really like that the cap is transparent in the upper side as you can see exactly the shade of the product. This stick foundation is perfect to be carried with you everywhere and thanks to its design it can fit in every bag. The cap stays fixed properly so you don’t have to worry about any mess. This foundation costs around 12 Euros, but in my opinion the liquid foundation created by Revlon is definitely much better than this solid formula. Not only does a liquid foundation last longer, but it also sets better on my skin. Insta-Fix has a normal price for a Revlon product, but I don’t believe it delivers good quality.

• Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Makeup(Nude)
  • The texture of this foundation doesn’t appeal to me. It is not very creamy and because of this it is very difficult to apply this foundation. It doesn’t glide on my skin and it does require effort to blend it perfectly. Stick foundations are normally recommended for my combination skin type, but I do prefer liquid consistencies because they are buildable and I can control the level of coverage. Revlon Insta-Fix is available in nine shades, all of them having yellow undertones. I used the nude shade and it does fit my skin tone.

• Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Makeup(Nude)
  • Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Makeup is a stick foundation which is designed to be used for the whole face, but also for quick touch-ups. It can be applied on the top of the foundation for a better coverage or on clean skin. It claims to provide medium to high coverage, but in my opinion, it doesn’t conceal completely my imperfections. The powdery formula is not buildable and you have to apply only a thin layer, because otherwise it will look cakey. Being so thick, it doesn’t spread so easy and I need some time to blend it. If you have dry skin, the application will require even more effort.

• Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Makeup(Nude)
  • As you can see in the picture, my acne spots are still visible although I applied the Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Makeup. At the same time, it couldn’t cover my redness and it does set into lines. I am always looking for high coverage and this stick doesn’t provide optimal performance. I really dislike the fact that it highlights my dry patches, while my t zone looks shiny and oily. I applied it on my clean skin but the coverage is not uniform and is very light. If I try to apply another layer, my skin looks suffocated and it can not breathe . My enlarged pores are not minimized by this stick and due to the heavy formula, they can be easily clogged.

• Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Makeup(Nude)
  • I wouldn’t advise you to apply this foundation all over the face and in my opinion, it works better as a concealer. It can hide some imperfections, but only if I apply first two layers of liquid foundation. It can help my regular foundation to disguise completely scars, acne spots and large pores. If I wear this Revlon stick alone, it is not able to ensure a flawless appearance. It is perfect for any touch-ups throughout the day but do pay attention to choose the right shade. I highly appreciate that it contains SPF 20 so it does protect the skin against the harmful sun rays.

All in all, Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Makeup has the features of a light concealer and it is not so effective as a foundation. I don’t like its solid formula as it is too heavy for my skin and it doesn’t look natural. If I apply it on the top of my foundation, only to conceal my imperfections it does a better job. Picking up the shade can be a tough mission, because if it doesn’t match perfectly your skin tone, the result will not be a nice one. It provides a matte finish, which is not really attractive. I am very disappointed because Revlon Photoready products are very appreciated as they do ensure a radiant youthful aspect, but unfortunately Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Makeup doesn’t respect what it says. It is impossible to achieve a flawless complexion wearing this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317031662800131/k2311a037/3.7.18