Revlon Colorstay 2 in 1 Compact Makeup and Concealer (180 Sand Beige)  » Cosmetics  »
  • This multi-purposes makeup product costs around 12 Euros and in my opinion it is quite affordable taking into account that you have a concealer and a foundation in the same pot
  • Unfortunately, Revlon Colorstay 2 in 1 Compact Makeup and Concealer doesn't adapt very well to my skin type
  • Hardly did I apply this compact make-up by Revlon,when I realized that it is not a good match for me
  • Due to its matte finish,I can not apply powder because my face will look cakey and not natural

by Irina

Revlon always surprises its customers as it continues to create new versatile makeup products. I have never used a compact foundation and I do prefer liquid consistencies because they blend easily. Revlon Colorstay 2 in 1 Compact Makeup and Concealer convinced me to buy it because not only does it contain a creamy foundation,but it also provides a concealer.

This multi-purposes makeup product costs around 12 Euros and in my opinion it is quite affordable taking into account that you have a concealer and a foundation in the same pot.I have tested many Revlon cosmetics and the majority of them did work perfectly for me. Unfortunately, Revlon Colorstay 2 in 1 Compact Makeup and Concealer doesn’t adapt very well to my skin type.

• Revlon Colorstay 2 in 1 Compact Makeup and Concealer(180 Sand Beige)
  • Despite my combination skin type with some oily zones,I prefer to use liquid foundation because it looks more natural on my face and manages to cover my imperfections.Hardly did I apply this compact make-up by Revlon,when I realized that it is not a good match for me. Although I use the beauty blender,I still struggle to get an uniform coverage. It has a very thick texture and is very difficult to blend it.On the other hand, the concealer seems to work better as it hides my dark circles without looking cakey. It can be applied easily with your fingers,while the foundation does require a beauty blender.

• Revlon Colorstay 2 in 1 Compact Makeup and Concealer(180 Sand Beige)
  • Revlon Colorstay 2 in 1 Compact Makeup and Concealer has an amazing packaging.It is so compact,but it contains everything you may need.A concealer,a creamy foundation,a beauty blender and last but not least a mirror.The foundation and the concealer are situated on two different trays and there is no risk to mix them.I do appreciate that it has a separate compartment for the sponge,so it will not be sitting on top of the powder.The mirror is also very useful and it is quite big and very qualitative. The sturdy packaging can be carried without any problems in every bag and it is very hygienic and not messy at all.Thanks to its transparent plastic lid,it is very easy to find the right shade.

• Revlon Colorstay 2 in 1 Compact Makeup and Concealer(180 Sand Beige)
  • The foundation has a very thick texture and doesn’t glide smoothly on my skin.It is impossible to apply it with my fingers and the beauty blender seems to be the best option.The concealer is creamy and sets better even if I don’t use the sponge.This 2 in 1 product is available in 12 shades and adapts pretty well to the skin tone.I bought the shade 180 which has some mild yellow undertones,while the concealer appears little bit lighter.

The formulation for both products is meant to ensure a demi-matte finish.In my opinion,their textures are quite different and require some effort to achieve a flawless aspect.

• Revlon Colorstay 2 in 1 Compact Makeup and Concealer(180 Sand Beige)
  • I have to admit that I have mixed feelings about this product.On one hand,I am happy with the results I get when I use the concealer,but on the other hand,the foundation lets me down. The concealer is concentrated enough to mask my dark circles,but unfortunately it can not hide very well spots or blemishes. The creamy foundation claims to offer medium to full coverage,creating a flawless longwearing look. For those who have combination skin type like me,it will not work properly. Not only does this foundation highlight my large pores,but it also tends to set into lines. It feels light on the face,but don’t use too much because it will look cakey.

• Revlon Colorstay 2 in 1 Compact Makeup and Concealer(180 Sand Beige)
  • When you say Revlon,you say long lasting makeup,but Revlon Colorstay 2 in 1 Compact Makeup and Concealer doesn’t stay more than 4 hours on my face.If I try to fix it with powder,my complexion feels too dried.The buttery consistency of this foundation makes my skin look shiny and does clog my pores.

I do believe that it would have better results on normal skin.Creamy textures are definitely not suitable for my skin type.They feel lightweight,but at the end of the day you realize that your skin couldn’t breathe and is prone to even more acne problems .The concealer satisfied in general my needs,but I can not describe it as an excellent product.

All in all,if you are a liquid foundation lover,I don’t advise you to try Revlon Colorstay 2 in 1 Compact Makeup and Concealer. I have enough experience when it comes to applying makeup,but this product did create me some problems.The concealer has a silky texture that delivers good coverage,but the foundation is too thick to provide a smooth aspect. It did accentuate my dry patches,but at the same time it makes my T zone oily and shiny. Due to its matte finish,I can not apply powder because my face will look cakey and not natural.The main positive aspects are the packaging and the concealer.I will continue to use liquid formulas as this compact one is not able to offer me that radiant flawless look.

Liana says :

Would you care to share the ingredients of the product?

Miles says :

If you go onto CosDNA, you’ll be able to see all of the ingredients, as well as the rating of each ingredient in regards to its’ safety and cosmodogenic level.

Iania says :

Then perhaps this review isn’t helpful in providing those information.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2018. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3116021662500528/k2311a0216/2.16.18